2. School Begins

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm, groaning and contemplating on whether or not I would just be late to school since I was exhausted after the hell that happened late last night. After a couple more minutes, I managed to drag myself out of bed and start getting ready.

I looked through my closet, trying to decide what to wear and settled on a black dress with a grey coat and topped it off with my black boots. I fixed my makeup in the mirror before curling my hair lightly and putting it in a loose ponytail. I sighed to myself as I rubbed my neck, still feeling a bit sore from yesterday.

After deciding that it was time to finally go to school, I stopped stalling and grabbed my bag and keys before heading downstairs. I stopped by the kitchen first, grabbing a granola bar and a water bottle before noticing my dad sitting on the kitchen table, reading his newspaper.

"Hey dad." I smiled at him while making sure I had everything in my bag.

"Morning sweetie." He smiled back at me. "You ready for a new school year?"

I shrugged my shoulders, giving him the answer to his question. "Nope, not really but what else do I have to do." I laughed slightly before he hugged me and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Try and learn something today kiddo." Dad joked as I rolled my eyes, walking out the door towards my car.

*

The whole entire drive to school, I couldn't get my mind off of what happened yesterday. I mean something ATTACKED Scott, it took a chunk out of him, then we had to walk home in the freaking woods where someone was just murdered! Not to mention while we were walking, a stupid SUV almost swerved and hit us. I nearly pissed my pants and kicked the driver's ass for almost killing us like learn to drive much?. It was like something out of one of those horror movies, next thing you know, Scott's going to be turning into like a vampire or something.

I parked my car right next to where I saw Scott locking up his bike. "Why hello there stranger." I laughed before locking my car and nudging Scott's side with my knee. He smiled up at me before continuing to lock up his bike. "So how you feeling..?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I feel a bit better."

"You sure?" I raised an eyebrow at him as he insisted that he was okay. Personally, I didn't believe a word he was saying because well... He got attacked! By like a freaking animal, and there is no way that he's completely fine with it a couple of hours later. But even though I didn't believe him, I didn't press the matter anymore. He would let me know if he was finally ready to admit that he was not okay and probably still having a mini stroke from yesterday.