12. Game of Cat&Mouse

Stiles plan had worked but also landed him and Scott in detention. Me? I managed to get away fast enough to not be brought down with them, thankfully because I don't think I could handle a detention at the beginning of the school year. 

As soon as I walked through the front door, I was practically tackled with a bear hug. I looked surprised before hugging back, smiling into the hug. "Yes dad, I'm fine.." I complained as he kept on hugging me, cutting off my air circulation. 

"I was so worried when Stilinski called.." Dad cooed me while I kept trying to wiggle out of his grip. "I am so sorry.. I never should have left." 

"Dad..can't..breathe..." I let out as he laughed before letting me go. I gasped for air while nodding my head. "Dad, I'm fine. You didn't know what was going to happen, no one did, I went to the video store to rent a movie and was attacked. It had nothing to do with you, after all you were working." 

Dad sighed. "I know, I know.. I just don't know what I'd do if I ever lost you." 

"You won't have to find out because you're not going to loose me." I rolled my eyes before sitting down with him to eat dinner, he had brought all my favorites. "Really, dad.. I'm fine." I argued with him but he insisted. Well, if he insisted I was going to eat because I was starving. 

As we started eating dinner however, that's when my phone started ringing. I tried reaching for my phone until dad grabbed it. I looked at him shocked as he answered the phone, the ringtone already telling me that it was Stiles who was calling. 

"Dad what the hell?" I looked at him shocked before tried to grab my phone back, pizza falling from my mouth like a fatass. 

"Hello, Stiles. How nice to hear from you, you still pursing my daughter?" Dad joked over the phone while I slapped my forehead. 

"Dad, stop." I groaned before grabbing the phone from his hand and running up to my room. "Sorry, my dad's...well he's my dad. What's up?" 

"Get ready, we've got a plan." Stiles told me before hanging up. 

Why did I have a really bad feeling that this was going to end badly.? 

*

"I'll be fine dad..We're just hanging out and yes, I have the pepper spray and pocket knife you put in my purse." I complained over the phone, my dad was going to extreme measures. He actually gave me pepper spray and a pocket knife, he was even talking about teaching me to fight. I personally think that he's going a bit overboard but he cares, it's nice to know. 

I sighed as I hung up the phone and leaned against Stiles jeep. "My dad says hi." I laughed before zipping up my jacket, trying to keep the cold out. "He also said to tell you guys that if whatever you've dragged me into gets me hurt, he'll personally kick your asses all the way to the ER where he'll tell your parents."