21. You Are In Love

"  You look so wonderful in your dress

I love your hair like that

The way it falls on the side of your neckDown your shoulders and back  "

Well, the day of the formal was finally here.

While everyone else was getting high off of the high school dance nostalgia that included getting yourself dressed, makeup done, suits pressed, picking up a corsage, taking ridiculous pictures with your date as your parents embarrass you... the small handful who knew about the supernatural were worrying about getting their heads ripped off at the dance. 

Scott, Stiles, and I were going to attend the dance; Scott I have no idea how he's doing it but it seemed like a very bad idea if you ask me. 

Regardless, I didn't care about all the supernatural crap going on in our lives right now. I only cared about doing one semi normal thing ever since the summer, which was going to be freaking excited about a dance. All I wanted to do was wear the dress I bought, take dorky pictures with my boyfriend as my dad threatened to break his knee caps if he touched me, go to the dance, dance to a slow song and maybe have a perfect kiss. 

I sighed to myself, staring at my reflection in the mirror. I had just finished my makeup, trying to keep it a natural look with a little bit of purple, Stiles mentally telling me how he always loved purple on me despite saying red looked best on me. I had curled my hair before putting it loosely in a bun. 

Not to toot my own horn but I looked H-O-T. 

I put some more lipstick before stepping back and putting my dress on. It showed off all my features in a subtle but super hot way. I can't wait to see Stiles face when he sees me walk down the stairs in this dress. 

"Honey, Stiles is here!" I heard dad yell from downstairs, making me drop my eye last curler on the floor as I cursed to myself, picking it up and setting it back down on my dresser. I quickly put on my earrings and necklace, stepping back and staring in the mirror one last time. 

I looked hot and I was ready for this dance. 

I smiled to myself as I slowly walked down the stairs in my dress, mentally praying that I didn't trip and break my neck. You could hear the faint click of my heels against the hardwood which made my dad and Stiles come into view. 

Seeing Stiles standing there at the bottom of the stairs made me catch my breath in my throat. It was like I just had the wind knocked out of me; seeing Stiles standing there made me so glad that he didn't ditch me. But it's stupid of me to think that he would have ditched me because he never has.

and never will. 

He's been there since day one and he'll be there until the very last day. 

God, I am so in love.

The entire walk down the stairs since the moment I saw him was like in slow motion, every thing around us moving super fast except for him.