20. Shop Till You Drop

After everything that happened over the last couple of days, we just tried focusing on the brighter things. Apparently, Scott had lost his phone and he informed Stiles and I that Derek walked into gun fire like an old western movie or something. 

So Derek was dead...again? 

Who even knows, that sour wolf seemed to be able to withstand anything that's thrown at him. God, it sucked the last time thinking that he was dead so I really hope he's not dead this time. I can't handle this much stress, it's going to make me break out and I did not want any stress zits with winter formal literally around the corner.

Well actually it's tomorrow and I have yet to have anything to wear. Even though it seemed crazy, I kind of did not want to bail on the dance. 

Lydia and I have been looking forward to the Winter Formal all year long, it's the time to shine for sophomores, it's almost as important in a teenagers life than prom. But since we're only sophomores, it means we'll have to settle for winter formal until our prom is here. With everything in our lives going on, I kind of wanted one night where there were no such things as werewolves or a crazed Alpha trying to kill us, I only wanted a night where I can dance with my super cute boyfriend and maybe have a perfect moment where I'll be able to grow the metaphorical balls to tell him I love him. 

What with everything going on around us, I honestly didn't want to wait another moment to tell him how I feel. Besides, life is too short to keep your feelings bottled up inside.

But if I'm going to grow some metaphorical balls and tell Stiles I love him, I didn't want it to just be a random place or moment. I wanted a perfect moment, you know, maybe where we're dancing underneath the disco ball or something like in a movie. 

But then I also found myself wanting to bail because of everything going on; I didn't want to have a nice night, knowing that people are dying out there. 

God, this is like that one direction song. "Circles, we're going in circles." 

"So I'm thinking we go shopping after school.." Lydia broke me from my thoughts as I looked at her confused. 

"What?" I asked her confused, trying my best to shake myself back from my thoughts. Woah, when did we even get to her locker. 

"The Winter Formal is literally less than 48 hours away and we haven't gone dress shopping yet so we need to go. I texted Allison we were going to pick her up after school so the three of us can find some cute outfits to wear." Lydia formed a grin on her face as she texted away on her phone. 

I am lucky to have a girl best friend like her, she really is amazing and if I'm to have any chance of not looking like total shit at the dance, it's Lydia who is to save me. I love having Stiles and Scott as my best friends but having a girl best friend when you have two boy best friends is kind of liberating. Everyone thinks Lydia is a cold heartless bitch, but underneath it all, she really is a good person maybe even the best. She was there for me whenever I needed her, especially after my mom. Lydia Martin is one of the best people to have in your life. 

"I don't know.." I sighed. 

"Come on, it'll be super fun! We've been talking about this forever, we'll find you a super hot dress and a super hot date...it'll be fun." Lydia gushed, making me laugh.