18. Revelations

"You're not going to make it..." Derek pointed out as we were driving on the way to the Beacon Hills hospital.

"I know.." Stiles said with a frown, making me rub his shoulders as he drove in a lame attempt to cheer him up. 

"You would have done great babe..if it's any constellation..i would have been one proud girlfriend." I smiled lightly at him, receiving a smile from him to let me know that my lame ass attempts were working some what. I knew they weren't, but it was nice to see him smile even for a second. 

It sucked, this was Stiles first time playing in a game and he was going to miss it because we were tracking down a stupid lead. Scott called, telling us that if we didn't make it in time that Stiles wouldn't be able to play. Stiles, in my opinion, is the hero right now. He's been wanting to play first line since forever, and when he finally gets the chance, he gives it up in order to help Scott and everyone. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Stiles is and always has been my hero. 

He to me, is what a true hero is all about. Giving up your happiness for the better sake of others, never running from a problem but instead facing it head on. And somehow, despite whatever darkness he hikes through, he always finds a way to have a smile on his face.

"And you didn't tell him about his mom?" Derek asked Stiles, breaking me from my thoughts. 

So right now we were on our way to the Beacon Hills Hospital where Danny had managed to track the text from, more specifically, Ms. McCall's computer. It was obviously a mistake, there was no way in hell that Ms. McCall would have ever sent that text. Ms. McCall is like the type of parent you want to adopt you into the family, you know because she's just that awesome.

 After my mom left, she has been like a mother to me. She showed me how to braid my hair, helped me get ready for school dances, explained to me what a period was, heck she even bought me my first pack of pads. 

All these years, we've all become like family. There's no way in god's name that Ms. McCall would have sent that text or even be working with or for the Alpha. There's no way, I don't believe it and I wouldn't believe it even if it were right in front of me.

"He's got a lot on his plate." Stiles answered Derek's question simply as he slowly pulled into a parking space in front of the long term care entrance. 

"And it wouldn't kill you to not be a complete downer, sour wolf." I rolled my eyes at Derek before Stiles turned off his engine. I turned my attention to Derek, asking him, "What are we doing here? What do you think we'll find in here?" 

"The truth." 

"Oh really? Do you expect us to just walk in there and ask Ms. McCall if she sent the text in an attempt to get her son to murder the closest people in his life? If I haven't mentioned it before I don't think you're that bright." I raised an eyebrow at Derek, letting out a fake laugh while staring at him like he was crazy. When Derek didn't say anything, just glaring at me while giving me this look, that's when I laughed again and rolled my eyes at him.