23. Don't Let Me Go

"Don't let me go
Hold me in your beating heart
I won't let go
Forever is not enough"  

After ten minutes into his panic attack, he managed to calm down enough to ask the nurses if he could see her. She slowly nodded her head, telling him how sorry she was before letting him walk into the OR. 

Stiles stood outside the OR though, taking out his phone to call Scott and let him know what had happened. But when Stiles tried calling Scott to let him know the fate of their best friend, he didn't pick up the phone. Stiles cursed, thinking that he had already went to go and save Derek by now. 

Stiles let out a sharp breath, not being able to stop himself from feeling like he was going to die of a heartache. It had only been ten minutes, only ten minutes since the love of his life had died but it felt like it had been years and at the same time, it felt like no time passed at all. Stiles clenched his phone in his hands, taking deep breaths before getting ready to go into the OR and see Sara. 

But before he could, something stopped him.
 Well more like someone stopped him..

Stiles head snapped in the direction down the hall to see Sara's dad racing down the hall. Stiles sighed, trying to tell her dad something but he grabbed Stiles by the shirt, shoving him against the wall. Stiles dad came quickly, trying to pull Sara's dad off of Stiles but Sara's dad just kept yelling at him. 

"What did you do? What the hell did you do? What did you do to my daughter?" Sara's dad yelled and cried before finally being pried off by Sheriff Stilinski. 

Sheriff Stilinski hugged Sara's dad, trying his best to calm him down before going into the OR room to say goodbye to his daughter or at least try to. Sara had already died which meant he didn't even get a chance to say goodbye. 

After a couple of minutes, Sara's dad came out of the OR and the Sheriff let Stiles know that he was able to go in and say goodbye now. Stiles dried his eyes the best he could before slowly walking into the OR, feeling his breath hitch up when he saw Sara's body, covered in a blanket, on the operating table. 

Stiles slowly approached her, grabbing her hand and giving it a squeeze. Her hand and body felt cold, like ice cold. Stiles then started crying, sobbing as he brought Sara's hand to his lips and pressed kisses to them. He kept kissing them as he sobbed to himself, begging her to come back to him. 

"Please, please come back.." Stiles cried as his phone went off in his pocket. He took out his phone, seeing that it was Scott who had texted him where the hell him and Sara were. Stiles sighed in regret, pressing the call button before putting it to his ear. Once Scott answered, he immediately knew that something was wrong by the tone of his best friend's voice. 

"What's wrong? Stiles, what's wrong? Where's Sara?" Scott asked through the phone. 

Stiles cried, trying his best to compose himself. "It's-It's Sara..Sh-she's gone.." 

"What?!" Scott yelled through the phone as Stiles tried his best to explain without crying but it was no use. Stiles told Scott what had happened and in return, Scott swore he'd go to the hospital as soon as he could.