7. A Game

The very next day, Scott and I stood next to Stiles jeep while we watched Derek being arrested in front of his house. I kind of felt bad for getting him arrested, especially in front of his own house but then again, he murdered that girl. He deserved it. 

I crossed my arms in front of my chest, trying my best to look away once Derek glared towards us. The cops were putting 'caution' tape all around the burned ruins of the Hale house, they finally caught their guy. So why did it feel like this mystery was not solved? 

If Derek killed that girl, which we proved, why would he stay in town? Why would he bury the body somewhere obvious like his yard? I mean, Derek seems to know a lot more than he lets on so there's no way that he's this stupid. 

There was just something about how this all didn't seem right, it seemed way to good to be true. And the smirk Derek gave us as Stiles dad and another office put him in the back of the police cruiser, only proved my suspicions that he knew more than he was letting on. He wanted this to happen, that knowing smirk proved it. He wanted to get arrested and get caught. 

The number one question is why. 

"There's something about this that doesn't feel right?" I whispered to Scott and Stiles. Scott agreed with me while Stiles didn't answer, I looked over at him weird or at least where he was. Scott and I both looked up to see him sneaking over to the car that they had put Derek in. "no.." We both whispered to him but he didn't listen to either of us as he climbed into the car. "Crap..I'm gonna go get him before he gets into anymore trouble, keep watch." I told Scott before going over to the car to kick Stiles ass and bring him back to us. 

I opened the car door, climbing in next to Stiles to glare at him. I squished our bodies together as we sat there in front of the car, and I started scolding him. "What the hell do you think you're doing? Your dad is going to kill you then tell my dad so he can kill me." I slapped him on the shoulder slightly. 

"I need to ask him something." Stiles was talking about Derek, acting as if he wasn't there next to us. The only thing keeping him from strangling us being a wired window. Stiles turned to Derek, who was just observing us. "Just so you know, I'm not afraid of you." 

"Oh please, you'd trip me so you could get away.." I laughed while Stiles rolled his eyes and looked at Derek, who was still glaring at us. The chill I got down my spine from the glare must have gone down Stiles as well since Stiles jumped slightly.

"Okay maybe I am afraid but it's not the point I'm trying to make." Stiles looked over at me before turning his attention back to Derek. "That girl, you killed. She was a werewolf. But she was different, wasn't she? She could turn into an actual wolf and I know for a fact that Scot can't do that. So is that why you killed her?" 

"Why are you so worried about me when it's your friend that's the problem?" Derek finally spoke up, and we both knew he was talking about Scott. Derek's obsession with not wanting Scott to do anything semi normal with his life, like go out with Allison and play a lacrosse game was one of the many questions  we needed answered. "When he shifts on the field, what do you think they're going to do? Keep cheering him on?" 

Derek was giving me this weird look and I felt my breath get caught in my throat. And not in the good Stiles kind of way, more like in the creepy way. "I might not be able to stop him from playing, but you and your boyfriend can."