10. Take My Mind, Take My Pain

I think i'm going to have nightmares for years to come, but thanks to Scott finally coming to us with the bullet, i think he spared me a couple of years. Derek had saved himself with the bullet Scott brought, and surprisingly Derek was grateful. Well sort of, to an extent.. 

Scott had filled me and Stiles in on how Allison had this weird archery skill, her family especially her aunt Kate were scary as fuck. Scott promised he would keep an eye on Derek, while Derek apparently had something he needed to show Scott and prove to him that the Argents couldn't be trusted, not even Allison. 

It all sounded a little bit too weird to me because Allison is our friend, she's a nice person and she would never do anything to harm anyone. She could barley stop herself from turning red when me and Lydia were bagging on her about her having sex with Scott instead of studying. 

Scott, however, called me later that night and confirmed Derek's accusations against the Argent family. They had set the fire that killed all of Derek's family and apparently Derek had an uncle, Peter I think they said his name was, who was like a vegetable. He also had half his face burned off, he was the only one who had survived the attack. Derek was so sure that it was the Argents that had set the fire that had killed his entire family. 

I pushed those thoughts out of my head, as I pushed open the doors of the video store. I was supposed to be picking up a movie to watch since Stiles was hanging out with his dad and mine was away for the week on business. He let me stay in the house by myself as long as I abide by the rules; no boys over unless i ask him first and spending at least two nights or have dinner with Ms.McCall and Scott. It was a win, win situation because I didn't get dragged along on his boring business meeting in Sacramento, which would make me miss a bunch of school and possibly fail, and I loved Ms.McCall and Scott.

They were like a second family, basically my own family. I always thought of Ms.McCall as a mom figure. She was the closest thing I had to a mom since my real one left. Well good reddens because my friends and dad were the only family that I needed. 

I heard my phone going off as I took it out, answering it. "What up Argent?" I could hear Allison laugh through the phone before asking me what I was doing. "Nothing much. Just trying to pick out a movie to watch tonight. My dad's not going to be back for another day or two so I thought I'd stay in and watch a movie while eating my way through Chinese takeout." 

I could hear Allison laugh and I pictured her smirk. "No plans with the best friend you're in love with?" 

"Ha.Ha." I laughed sarcastically before putting down a copy of Love Actually I picked up. Yeah, I was not going to be watching a romantic comedy to make me feel sorry about my love life, and make me obsess over Stiles even more. "I haven't told him anything about my feelings for him..it's never been the right time.." 

"I still don't get how you think that Stiles, doesn't feel the same?" Allison questioned me. 

"Because it's this thing called crippling fear." I answered, sighing to myself. "I just don't want to do anything that'll ruin our friendship and I just-I'm terrified that if I tell him how I feel that he'll reject me and I'll have to change my name and live under a rock in Antarctica."