Prologue

The blood feud between the Senju and Uchiha Clan had robbed many lives, including that of children who were forced to take part in a war created by their parents. In war, there are no victors, everyone loses something precious eventually.

You were much too young to remember the deaths of your older brothers, nor were their faces when they were still alive. As the only daughter of the Head of the Senju Clan, you were put in isolation, away from the battle. Like a pawn waiting to be used when the time comes.

And the time came shortly after you turned eighteen. It was decided that the pawn made from the Princess of the Senju Clan will finally be used. When your eldest brother proposed an idea that will potentially end the decades of blood feud, a treaty that will unify the two strongest Clans in the Nation, the Elders proposed that for that treaty to last, you were a crucial piece.

You were eighteen when you decided your fate.

Marriages not only unify the man and the woman who share their vows but also their respective families who will honor them. For as long as the marriage lasts, it will tie the two families for generations to come and will secure the treaty between the Uchiha and the Senju.

You were eighteen when you offered yourself as the Uchiha's bride.

Of course your brothers were hesitant to accept your will, your second brother in particular was firm in opposing the mere idea of offering yourself to the Uchiha. He even went as far as to say he will rather severe the treaty than let his younger sister carry an Uchiha in her womb.

You were able to convince your eldest brother, it took you a while to do the same to your second brother. They could not disapprove the fact that the marriage will secure the peace and treaty between the two Clans for generations to come. And you were willing to offer yourself as the sacrificial pawn to ensure such peace and treaty will last beyond your lifetime.

Eventually the Uchiha Clan accepted the treaty and you married the Head of their Clan. You prepared yourself for the worst, but you did not realize your idea of worst was nothing compared to what's waiting in store for you as the Uchiha's bride.

"I heard the Uchiha Clan treasure love more than anything else," you said that night, looking at the full moon before it was obscured by the clouds. "So why would you not love me, my lord?"

"Love, huh?" he muttered in contemplation before you heard his dry chuckle. "You asked for too much after giving so little."

"So little," you looked down, your eyebrows furrowed together as you bit your lower lip. The water in the pond reflected the moon as the clouds started to drift away, and the place was once again illuminated. "But I've already given all of myself to you."

"Have you, really?"

His question made you ponder if you had really given all of yourself to him. Or you left a part of you to yourself.

"Know this, Princess," he started before he turned around ready to leave after parting with that question.

"When an Uchiha falls in love, we are prepared to sacrifice the world for that person. Now I ask you, are you prepared to bear the hatred of the world when I sacrifice the world for you?"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙐𝘾𝙃𝙄𝙃𝘼'𝙎 𝘽𝙍𝙄𝘿𝙀
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘦𝘥