Chapter 29

The bedchamber is dimly lit, with all the candlelights being blown by the wind. The parchment you had laid out is now long forgotten.

You cannot think of anything else but Madara's lips against yours and the kiss that is turning your face into a heated mess, a light shade of red coating your cheeks. When you felt your back hit the futon gently, Madara leaned back.

Your breath came out rigid and hot, your whole body feeling feverish as your chest rose and fell with each heavy breath you took.

In that dimly lit room, with only the light from the full moon seeping through the windows, you managed to make out Madara's expression.

His eyes are half-lidded and you couldn't tell for certain if his eyes are the color of obsidian or the color of blood. There's a light shade of pink on his cheek, his face flushed from the heated kiss you both shared.

He let out a sigh before you felt his hand on your chest, right above where your heart beats.

"My lord..." you muttered, unable to control your wildly beating heart and you knew he could feel it too.

"It's been so long since I last heard my name come out from those lips of yours," he said, his fingers tracing your skin, downward, until he started loosening the sash around your waist tying your kimono.

"The last time I spoke your name..." you trailed off, averting your gaze to the side as you felt your cheeks heat up even more. "...you were so rough with me, my lord."

"Was I?" Madara asked, taking the sash completely, your kimono loosening down as the sleeves slid down from your shoulders. "But I shall be gentle with you tonight."

You felt his hand on your belly, just barely pressing on it. But you can feel the warmth of his palm and you wonder how his bare palm would feel against your bare stomach. Would it send butterflies in there, much more than the ones you were feeling right now?

His hands had always felt warm, and big, his fingers slender and long, his grip strong yet there were times when they were gentle.

But before you could think of anything else, you found yourself holding his hand that was atop your stomach before you sat up slightly.