Chapter 33

Sometimes you forget about the day blurring by and you didn't realize a week had already gone by since you sent out your messenger hawk to deliver the letters to your brothers.

It's already been a week and the reason why you keep forgetting about the days passing by quickly was because Madara had taken you to occasional strolls around the forest which had taken your mind at ease, like a lull of a tranquil ocean, time became a distant matter.

Just like the days before, today, you found yourself walking down the same pathway that you had unconsciously memorized each step of.

You walk a few steps ahead, behind you is Madara with his confidant who had been informing him of the recent events about a certain group but you don't really know much about it, just that the nature of their conversation is of utmost importance that's why Shinsuke is there.

The thought that Madara could have gone straight to his study to discuss the matters with his confidant yet he chose to walk with you like he always does for the past couple of days made you feel happier.

And part of that happiness made you forget about the unusually long absence of your messenger hawk. And a bigger part of it had made you smile without realizing it.

"Make sure not a single arrow from them crosses our border," Madara said, his eyes tracing to where you are, up ahead, still walking slowly. His eyes linger on you before he continues. "And if a single arrow does manage to cross our border, whether it's by accident or on purpose, we'll return it tenfold, with flames burning at its end."

His voice isn't that loud for you to hear, so it wouldn't have been because of what he said that you suddenly stopped abruptly and Madara noticed your shoulders stiffened a little before his eyes traveled past you.

Standing in front of you is the same Elder who had bumped into you before. He looked like he was about to say something, he had parted his lips to do so when his eyes averted behind you and saw Madara.

"My lord," he acknowledged before you felt Madara's presence beside you and you turned your head to the side to look at him.

"It's been a while," Madara said but his tone is cold, his eyes lingering on the old man who slowly remembers the last time he had met those gaze and the words that accompanied the glare.

"Indeed it is," the Elder said, along with a clear of his throat to hide whatever undertone that went along with those words. He glanced at you before his eyes found Madara's confidant standing closely behind. "My, I almost failed to see you there, Shinsuke. Here I thought this was an intimate morning walk between Madara-sama and his lady."