Chapter 3

The war is over.

It was those four simple words that held so much weight. The blood feud between the two strongest Clans of the Nation had drawn to an end. The suffering of the people, the deaths of young children sent to the battlefield, will now be over.

But you had no idea then, that your suffering will only just begin.

"My lady?"

You heard a familiar voice. At first you thought the voice was coming from your dream.

"Are you awake, my lady?"

No, it wasn't a dream, and your mind is starting to clear. When you turned to your side and slowly opened your eyes, you saw the shadow of a woman outside the wooden door. It is morning.

"My lady?"

"Hmm?" you hummed, turning on your back as you rub your eyes, getting rid of the sleep in your system before opening your eyes again and staring at the ceiling.

"My lady, it is time."

"Time?"

Time? What time? You thought to yourself.

"It is time for the ceremony. Your brothers are already waiting."

The imaginary cogs in your mind started to turn and you were reminded of how important today is to the future of not only your Clan but probably the whole Shinobi World. That is how important this day is and you managed to almost ruin it by oversleeping.

Last night was one of the best sleep you had in a while. In fact, for a few weeks now, you have been sleeping quite better than before. And you knew it was because of the fact that the blood feud between your Clan and the Uchiha Clan is now over.

You can sleep peacefully each night without worrying that tomorrow, you might lose another older brother.

After the final battle, the leader of the Uchiha Clan accepted your eldest brother's pact. And today is the day they will officially honor the pact in front of the members of both Clans. That, of course, includes you.

You immediately sat up and your world momentarily spun as you closed your eyes and regained your balance.

"My lady, may I come—"

You didn't let her finish as you slid the door open and yanked her inside.

"There's no time, I need to get dressed, quick!"

"Yes, my lady."

It still surprises you how your handmaiden always seems calm in this kind of situation. Maybe you should learn from her, but you just could not remain calm. Not at this moment when you knew you had overslept on an important day.