Chapter 10

That night, it was colder than the other nights that had passed. You do not know if it was because autumn is about to bid its farewell and winter will soon touch the land. Or if it was the cold meaning behind Uchiha Madara's gift to you that had made you feel colder than usual.

As you sat in your bedchamber, with the lamp illuminating your room, you read the poem he had given you once more.

"This is a direct answer to my poem," you said, caressing the ink on the white parchment. "Under the pale moon, the blossoms had shed its leaves."

In your poem, you were talking about the cherry blossoms blooming like your love for him. And yet, he responded with the shedding of the cherry blossom leaves.

"Take your time sweet dove, autumn has not end for you..."

You asked him to wait because you will eventually come to love him when spring comes. But autumn has not yet ended, it's barely even winter.

"To be professing your love."

A tear slid down your eye, you didn't even know a tear would betray you like that until it landed on the parchment and you blinked your eyes, wiping the tear quickly.

"Oh no," you said, looking at the paper where your lone tear fell, staining the seemingly perfect parchment.

You let out a sigh, shaking your head as you felt slumber whispering to you to go to bed and call it a night, to forget everything else and let yourself fall into a dreamless sleep, so you could rest your mind, body and possibly your heart too.

You folded the parchment and took out a box before you put it carefully inside. You took the handkerchief he gifted you and looked at it for a moment before you put it inside the box as well. You tied the box with a ribbon, as though you're putting all your worries inside it before you put the box inside your drawer.

As you cleared your thoughts of everything that occurred recently, you blew the flame from the lamp, letting your bedchamber be engulfed in a momentary darkness before the light from the full moon provided an illumination to your room.

You lie down on the futon, just staring up at the ceiling before you finally close your eyes, giving in to slumber.

Morning came not too long afterwards, perhaps because you did have a dreamless sleep and it was quite peaceful. It was during your morning walk when you were called to your brothers' study and you found the Clan Elders already there as well.

You sat down on the spot that is now given to you and it reminded you of the initial purpose of why you were able to be given this spot.