Chapter 30

You heard Madara's voice in your sleep, muffled and distant, but you recognized his voice. He asked a question, but between dream and reality, you cannot distinguish which is real and which is not.

When you stirred in your sleep, as you moved to the side and slowly blinked your eyes open, you were met by an empty side. Madara had already left the bedchamber so you think it's already quite late in the morning. It's not like you expect him to wait for you to wake up, and you always wake up much later than he does.

You remember falling asleep after doing it last night, being reminded of it brought an immediate blush on your cheeks as you pulled the sheet up to hide your face, eyes closed as you tried to not think about it first thing in the morning.

When you had finally calmed and composed yourself, you decided to get dressed. As soon as you put on a robe, you hear your handmaiden's voice outside asking if she can come in.

"Good morning, my lady," she said, her smile much brighter than usual and at first you thought something good must have happened to her. But it wasn't the case at all. "Congratulations, my lady. You're finally going to become a mother...oh no, why do I feel like crying."

"Hana..." you muttered, seeing her looking so happy for you that she felt like crying which made you feel like crying too. "Please don't cry."

"Right, I'm sorry, my lady!" she said, blinking her eyes quickly before she shook her head and composed herself, finally settling down with a bright smile that also brought a smile on your face. "Congratulations again, my lady!"

"Thank you, Hana," you said, holding her hands together and her eyes seem to glimmer in joy at the feeling of your soft palms around her hands. "Thank you for staying by my side when I passed out yesterday."

"I'll always stay by your side, my lady."

Her genuine words almost brought tears to your eyes but her bright smile prevented the tears from forming as your smile matched hers.

As you walked to a chair, your handmaiden started to do your hair. You hear her humming as the joy you feel linger still.

"My lady, what will you be doing after breakfast?"

"After breakfast..." you muttered, trailing off as you think of what to do during such a bright spring day. And then you were reminded of your brothers. "I plan to write to my brothers and tell them about this wonderful news."