Chapter 17

You heard Uchiha Madara's voice when you were in between slumber and waking up. But your mind was not fully awake and his voice, although clear, when you finally did wake up a few hours later, you could no longer recall what he said.

In your mind you concluded that hearing Madara's voice and the words he had spoken were nothing but a product of your dream, a pigment of your imagination and the words you longed to hear in order to assure you were a work of your own thoughts.

As soon as you woke up, you realized you were alone in the bedchamber. But before loneliness could make its way to your thoughts, a handmaiden came. You recognized her as the same handmaiden you were with yesterday after the wedding ceremony.

"My lady, are you awake?" she asked and you took a kimono robe. You wore it to cover your bare body before you answered.

"Yes,"

"Then, may I come in?" she asked again and you answered a simple yes as she walked past the curtains and started to fold the sheet. "Madara-sama sent me here to check on you, my lady. Should I ask the other handmaidens to draw your bath? Dinner will be ready soon."

As soon as she said the word dinner, you started feeling hungry all of a sudden and you put your hand on your stomach, looking down at it.

"I did skip lunch..." you muttered, rubbing your empty stomach. "But I'll take a bath first."

You need to alleviate the headache before it gets worse, you added in your thoughts. You did drink quite a lot last night which caused you to forget half of what occurred then. Whether for the better or for the worst, you still have no idea.

"Then, I shall inform the other ones to draw your bath." You nodded as the handmaiden stood up but then you heard her small gasp of surprise and you looked back at her.

"What is it?" you asked when you saw her picking up something on the floor.

"My lady, did you have this with you last night?" she asked and your eyebrows furrowed for a moment before she stood up and walked towards you.

That's when you noticed the small red pouch of dried flowers. "Oh, that? The Clan Elder's wife gave it to me last night."