Chapter 14

The wedding ceremony will be held at the Uchiha Clan territory. You have heard about their shrine, they call it the Naka Shrine, a sacred place to all Uchiha Clan members. They say it was built for the spirit that resides in the Naka river where Hashirama and Madara first met when they were young. And where they both went their separate ways.

The Shrine is surrounded by the forest, during Summer and Spring, the leaves were lustrous green while during Autumn it would turn orange and during Winter the trees would completely shed their leaves.

The snow had piled up, leaving the surrounding forest in a white wonderland. The red torii at the entrance of the Shrine stood magnificently and the color stood out. In the middle of the torii is the Uchiha Clan crest, the crest you will wear on your back.

"Please walk carefully, my lady," a handmaiden reminded you when you stepped out of the palanquin.

Because you were wearing white, you could almost blend in the surroundings. You looked ahead, there is a set of stairs you need to take. You looked down.

"Is it bad luck if I fall before I could meet my groom?" you asked in jest as you let out a gentle laugh which caused the handmaiden to relax.

"No, but you will certainly hurt yourself, my lady."

"Ah, these clothes sure make walking unbearable," you muttered before you heard the voice of your older brother.

"Of course," Tobirama said, taking your hand. "They're designed specifically so the bride wouldn't be able to run away now."

"Onii-sama," you said, reprimanding your older brother not to make those remarks now that you're at the Shrine.

You started to walk, with him right beside you, holding your hand for support. Whether he wants to help you up the steps of the Shrine or he wants to snatch you back away, you have no idea what's going on in his mind.

"Where's Hashirama-onii sama?" you asked, halfway through the steps.

"He already went on to meet Madara."

"He met my groom before I could meet him."

"It's customary, as Clan leaders."

Although you meant it as a joke, your older brother didn't take it as one so you didn't say anything after that.

You both stopped when you got to the top of the Shrine where there were already several people around. They were the Elders of your Clan along with the Uchiha Clan. Their presence reminded you of what this wedding really is.