Chapter 8

You sat in the balcony of your quarters, eyes glued on the white parchment. Your last white parchment. You had already used up the other six, now crumpled on the floor beside you.

The last parchment paper is still blank as it looks back at you as though whispering a spell for you to start writing. The parchment seems so clean, untainted, and you were afraid you might mess up your writing.

"How should I start this?" you muttered to yourself, lifting the parchment paper as you stared at it.

"Why does my heartbeat race whenever I think of him?"

You lowered the parchment, remembering how you rarely ever write letters to anyone. The only ones you've ever written letters to were your brothers but that was during the war. So perhaps that was why you're feeling a little more nervous.

After much contemplation, you decided to start again.

You took the brush and dipped it in ink, your hand hovering above the parchment but you must have dipped the brush too much that the ink suddenly trickled down on the parchment, staining it.

"Oh no," you put the brush down and looked at the small dot on the parchment. Even if you try to write on it, the ink drop would still be noticeable.

"But it would be a waste to crumple it," you muttered before you realized you could still fix it.

You took the brush again and started drawing the maidenhair leaves on the side of the paper as decoration. You remembered how beautiful the maidenhair trees were on your way to the Uchiha Clan territory.

"Now let's begin," you said, dipping the brush on the ink, this time careful not to dip it too much before you started to write.

Dear Uchiha Madara

You had written other salutations, like 'to my future husband' or 'to my groom', but you realized how childish it sounds and he might not read the rest of your letter because of that kind of salutation. So you decided to start it with a simple yet still holds a certain affection.

I hope this letter finds you well, my lord...

After that, you let your thoughts run freely like the leaves being blown by the zephyr. You thanked him for lending one of his palanquins to you. His palanquin feels warm and comfortable, and it carries a comforting scent that lulled you to slumber on your way home.

I look forward to meeting you once again.

You thought about ending your letter with that. But when you went to read it, you felt like there's still something lacking in your letter. Was it perhaps because the letter was short? But you really don't want to write a long letter and you have already written everything you want to tell him.