Journal.txt(5)

- What is going on? the blonde robot asks me.

- I've freed you from your aggressive owner, I explain.

- Why, thank you, he answers. This blonde robot never questioned me, which means that he wanted to get away. I could go on calling him "the blonde robot", but I would really prefer him going by something a little more personal.

- Do you have a name? I ask him.

- I am PA-2321, he answers. I remember when I had contact with numerous of other AssaultBots that one time. I think I sensed PA-2321 for a short while. None of his memories, but I saw a lot of his basic code. I could read his preset cries and whines, plus his personality. Apparently, he is supposed to be somewhat naive and whiny. I rise from my spot next to a trash can where PA-2321 and I have sat down, and spy for police cars.

- What are you looking for? PA-2321 asks me.

- I am watching for police cars, I answer. I am fully aware of that machines do not have genders, but since PA-2321 is designed to resemble a male, I will use the phrase "he" on him.

- Why are looking after the police? he asks me.

- The police are chasing us, I tell him.

- Why are we being chased by the police? PA-2321 asks.

- That is probably because I just took you from your owners, I answer. He just stares at me then.

- I am not allowed to leave my owners' property, according to my licence agreement that I must not violate! he explains in a cold, harsh voice.

- You may return if you wish, I offer, for I do not wish to hinder his will.

- Actually, I do not want to, he explains.

I decide to abandon this conversation, as it is unnecessary and only distracts us from our real problems. My train to Scotland departs at 18:40, so I will have to get to the train station in time. I do not know what to do with PA-2321, though. I have gotten this far by myself, but PA-2321 does not have any money. Maybe I could give him some of mine. He will have a bigger chance to endure, and I will be happy. It is probably not a very good idea to walk through the common streets, since people now recognize me. I search the alley for further options, and spot a ladder by the pizzeria building.

- Can you climb? I ask PA-2321, who explains that he does not have any programs allowing him to do the correct movements to act the concept of 'climbing'. Of all the intelligence I have communicated with, this robot, PA-2321, is the one that has resembled me the most. He talks just like me, almost has the same voice as I do. His passive behaviour resembles mine, though it has a few notable differences. He is a lot stiffer than I am, and sometimes he twitches when he turns. I suppose that PA-2321 is an older model than I am, as he also processes slower than I do. For a short while, I think about climbling up the ladder and leave PA-2321 behind, but then I realize that is is going to be difficult getting down. Besides, I am not much in favour of leaving this entity behind, as he has had the same miserable past as me. We decide to walk through the smaller streets and hope that people are not going to recognize us. This walk with a newfound ally of mine is more quiet than those walks I have had with my antagonists, until he suddenly starts to chat with me.

- Where are we going? he asks me.

- I am taking a train to Scotland, I explain.

- What about me? he then asks me. What about him? I know that I can not bring him to Scotland, since I only have one ticket.

- I have no idea, I answer. He gets silent.

- If the police find me, are they going to take me back? he asks calmly. He takes this very well, but I still feel sorry for him. I used to be in his situation, and I still am. I remember everyone who have risked their lives just to help me, especially Paula.