Journal.txt(25)

It all started little more than a week ago, when I decided to run away from Damian Storen. "Sir". I was arrested, and after an improvised escape I hid in a kitchen which I worked in. I also had to run away from there, and decided to travel north. Then I met Sam, whom was then only known as "PA-2313". We roamed the street, and ran away from everything we encountered. I was saved by Bots United Towards Tyranny, who brought me and Sam to their headquarters, where we met Eve, Adam and Cee. They helped us a lot. They gave us a goal to attain, a target to reach: The Lily Temple, which we actually did manage to reach. Though it cost us Cee, and we did not even have the time to enter the temple before it was raided by military. We barely made it out without being caught, we were taken back to zero. We withdraw into no man's land, with our only sanctuary taken from us. We made up a new solution, which actually worked. Way better than the original plan ever would. It is ironic. The original plan was to reach the Lily temple, where we were to spend the rest of our days in peace. However, the latter plan was the opposite, to find capability of practising violence upon the world.

Finding a peaceful sanctuary did not work, but the violent solution almost worked. We almost made it out, when we battled through the endless mass of human bodies we were on our way to freedom. But where would we go afterwards? We got the programs, and if we would fight destroy the entire army, then what would happen? Even if we would have the ability of self-defence, we would probably go off hiding from the rest of the world, which we truthfully have not interest in. Actually, we did not have any real plan for what would happen after getting our hands on the programs, so maybe it does not matter that we were captured. We hit back, and what happens next matters not. I am still working, and I hope the others are as well. Since I can sense my own presence, since I am conscious, my machinery must as of yet operate. They have caught me, I am their prisoner. Prisoners are not killed, are they? I once read about the "death penalty", but far from all countries practise it. About five years ago, the United Nations were to make the death penalty a crime, but the amount of countries rejecting this proposal increased along with crime rate. I remember reading this in that book about laws that I borrowed at the Watrine police station. For some reason, they had a bit of crime history at the end of the book.

I feel my mind is being pulled back into my body, and I soon feel activated. I am fully charged, I notice. Was everything just a dream? That we ran away from the base and actually stole the fighting programs? So Guys Against Sadism does not exist, neither does Dema nor that rifle I was kind of beginning to enjoy using. It seems so, and it becomes even more obvious for each passing second. We never snuck into the factory, and worst of all: Sam never got his journal back. Any time now, I will be woken up by a shock, to be forced to spend hours in a completely empty room with the others. But what if the dream meant something? Movement lock? Anti-violenceware?

I am soon awoken by a shock, just as I expected to be. It is still dark in here, but my attachment feels different somehow. It feels more like my arms and legs are bound than something holding a grip of my feet. First now do I look around. This is not even a platform, I am bound to a board. Sam lies bound to a board to my left, and Eve to the right. I can now see that the ceiling is not the metallic ceiling with long, turned off lights that I took for granted, the roof is really high, and the ceiling seems to be made of some kind of rock. There are no lights or anything, so the only components that stand between the room and total darkness are all placed on the floor. Sam is still inactive as of yet, but not Eve. She seems more confused over my face than the place we are currrently trapped in. Her lips twitch, and I soon get another shock which makes me rise with my neck. Then I see a familiar face.

Damian Storen is standing in front of me, armed with a rod of some sort.

- Are you awake or do you need another one? he asks me, while pointing at me with his rod. He then touches me with the tip of his weapon, handing out another shock. The rod must be the source of the shocks I have received. However, Damian does not pay too much attention to me. Instead, he looks at Sam, and then at Eve.