Journal.txt(24)

I decide to install the program for handling heavy firearms, the fighting basics 1-3 and the grip optimizer, which is technically not a combat program, but may still come in handy. Sam and Eve are still browsing the programs, so I decide to start off without further redue. Yet, nothing happens when I touch the programs with my left hand, even separately. Is this because my arm fell off and had to be put back again? Nothing happens when I let the cartridges touch my neck either. Sam and Eve face the same problem once they have chosen their programs, so this cannot be due to my incident.

- Why won't the programs install? Sam asks the rest of us, as though everything should obviously run easily.

- These programs are outdated, Eve explains. After reaching the factory and believing that the programs did not exist, we finally found them, only to learn that our systems are too fresh to handle them!

- That explains the system update that introduced anti-violenceware, Sam explains.

- So our software is programmed to ignore these programs? I ask Eve.

- It seems so, is her response. So there is no way to make use of these programs that we travelled past a whole country just to get. Only a moment ago, we did not even think there were any such programs in the factory, which only makes it a greater disappointment now that we have actually found the programs and hence proved their existence. I can only read my code, but I cannot alter it, even with every last unit of willpower I have. The box however, the grey metal box might be a computer, maybe even one strong enough to remove the 'anti-violenceware'. I flip the most obvious switch, and the device boots up instantly. If the tiny laptop Fred Geape used was strong enough to burn our trackers and ID numbers out, this way bigger computer can surely remove our 'anti-violenceware'.

- What is that? Sam asks med, and actually sounds interested.

- A computer of some kind, I think, answer him, suggesting that we use it to remove the anti-violenceware.

Both Sam and Eve seem to agree it sounds like a good idea. I understand Eve, but I would find it more surprising that Sam would be the first to connect himself to the computer, allowing us to see his entire code. Even if we do not see that much code relevant to Sam's personal traits, it still feels kind of weird to look at someone... through their code. I comprehend far from everything, but the 'anti-violenceware' does not seem to occur as a full program, but have its code spread into different segments. If we were to delete all of rows where these segments appear, which the door would never hold for, many of Sam's functions would go lost. Sam would turn unstable, if he would even work at all.

Out of desperation, Eve starts to search the computer's files, and then she finds something called "INSTANT DELETER OF ANTI-VIOLENCEWARE", which I suppose is an instant deleter of 'anti-violenceware'. Eve and I read through a small text file with the name "INSTANT DELETER OF ANTI-VW" which is in the same folder called "IDOAVW", which probably means 'Instant Deleter Of "Anti- ViolenceWare". The text file says the following:

___________________________________________________________________________

Instant deleter of anti-violenceware

To execute, press any letter key while holding [ctrl] + [alt] and clicking the icon. This will activate a worm, which will spread across the entire code of the unit to test for anti-violenceware. These parts of the code will be replaced by <fill_func>, a command with no other function than to keep the rest of the code stable.

Caution: Do not use on android with low battery

(c) 2023 PunchINC, cheddarMaster85

___________________________________________________________________________