Journal.txt(12)

One and a half second feels like an hour, and is enough to feel how my body gets pressed down to the hard ground by a giant metal arm. During these moments, I can see MB-344013's faceless head, which does have a few contours that resemble facial features, but th designer failed to bring it the essence of life. Without the modifications that Fred added, MB-344013 is not only just a dead machine, but also an unstable, expired yet dangerous weapon. It has no characteristics beyond its physical body, unlike the rest. Since I exist, there could be more of my kind, those who have parts of human brains. Fred mentioned an experiment, which was to make a machine of my kind. I now wonder where that machine is, or was. Does it still exist? Did they destroy perhaps, or was it sold? Could it be someone in the group? What if Sam has faked his ID-number 'PA-2321' in order not to let anyone know he is of D-class? Could not anyone else lie, and as a matter of fact be aware of everything that happens around them? It is most unlikely, but MB-344013 could be the one. If this is the case, then why does it want to kill me?

Sam keeps his eyes closed, and looks like he is dreaming. "Thank you for the company, Sam" I try to say, but even speaking in doubled speed is too slow. Meanwhile, the strong grip of my neck reminds me of MB-344013. Congratulations, you have defeated the very wanted "Watrine terrorist". I have just started saying "company" when I hear a gun fire and then I fall heavy to the ground. MB-344013 did not hit us to the ground, it dropped us upon the shot. My back hurts, but this is not even close to being launched out of an aeroplane. Sam does not seem that hurt either, as he looks at me, and gives out a wide smile. Sam then laughs a little. I have never heard another AssaultBot than myself laugh ever before. This laughter sounds more real than my own, strangely enough.

Two men with badge-decored berets run around MB-344013 and continues to shoot at it, as Cee sneaks back to the rest. The robot lets go of me and Sam, and heads for these two rescuers, whose overalls should not offer that good protection. These two, probably highly authorized officers, shoudl have brought helmets and some kind of armour. It feels like MB-344013 is laughing as it runs ahead, and its back goes up and down. It lacks a sense of humour, and neither does it have any programs for laughter. The squeaking from the rubber lips of the hole in the neck almost sound like cackling. This reminds me of the only way to deactivate MB-344013, through the lever inside the hole.

- Aim for its neck! I yell to the two human beings, what I assume is the best move at the moment. They quickly look at each other, but then nods and takes my advice. They run around MB-344013 and lets metal bullets rain upon it attempting to hit the neck of this huge machine which is now also moving around. They miss most of the times, and the few bullets that actually hit the suit of armour bounce off and leave small bumps at the most. I help Sam up and lead him to the rest of the group, which is hidden behind a luggage truck.

- Not the kind of behaviour I would expect from old Robotsky, Adam says.

- The qualities that Fred added must have disappeared when we restarted him, Eve explains.

- That is a shame, Fred must have spent a lot of time with making MB-344013 helpful, I say in order to act respecfully. Adam then leers at me, and looks entirely neutral with his remaining half of the face. He is not angry, but as he tells me he did not ask for that comment I realize the unfriendliness that he intends. I apologize and claim my right to speak. Adam then ignores me.

- They seem to do quite well, Cee comments the soldiers' final attempts to shoot the robot. They do no longer try to aim at the neck like I told them to, but just fire randomly. MB-344013 knocks down one of them, and then the other one drops his weapon and run away. MB-344013 picks up that gun, and is now more dangerous than ever. Now, we are chased by a heavily armoured robot that has access to firearms, which it is also most likely has ability to use.