Journal.txt(14)

- It's gone daak, so we're going to the hostel, the female tourist say.

The couple leaves the station, and walks into the small mountain town that neighbours the low, yet sharp mountain that is our final destination. I, the robots and Ayaan stay on the station and look at Mount Grim. Even though we cannot see much in the darkness of the night, it seems have a shade slightly darker than its surroundings.

- There is Mount Grim, I remember it from the poster, Eve mentions.

- Same here, Adam responds.

- I do also confirm that is the right mountain, Sam says.

- There we have Mount Grim alright, I mention. Just as I expected, Adam stares at me for this. I wave at him, with my left hand of course, and when he does not react I point at him with my right one. He instantly turns his face away from me. I do not know if it is a bad that I sort of enjoy mocking him, though it is kind of justified since he acts rude to me all the time. Still, it is not that good from me to do it. I do not think that I will do this again, because I have responsibility due to me being the superior being.

Ayaan guesses we will seperate now, but quickly adds a wavy "Ooor...?"

- If you want to come along to the temple, feel free to do so, I offer. Ayaan thinks for a bit, and then concludes that it would be pretty cool to see the rumoured Lily Temple, so he would be more than happy to follow us there on the condition that we wait until tomorrow morning. I discuss this condition with the group, and win with the argument that it is going to feel comfortable to bring human company, since people should know how to speak with other people and such. Besides, everyone feels like charging their batteries before we head to the place we are never to return from. A human metaphor suggests that charging one's battiers means getting rest, but we actually have batteries really have to charge. This is an example of the humour that I am developing.

Fortunately, this small village has an electronic shop. Unfortunately, we do not have any money to pay for the batteries, but luckily, the store does not even have those. Eve is positive that they might have chargers at the hostel, even though Ayaan is quick to make a point how low the chance is that the hostel actually has a robot charger. Sam suggests that we could always steal a charger, but then I point at him with my right hand and tell him that we must not steal. Besides, there is no one to steal from. Ayaan tells us that he has a low energy level as well, and that he would prefer to reach the hostel before they close. When I lived at a hostel, the owner was present all the time. Maybe things are different here in Nepal. We follow Ayaan to a small two-level house, where we are greeted outside by a short man smoking a cigarette.

- Welcome, one night is two thousand, he says and throws his cigarette on the ground.

- Two thousand is a lot for something as temporary as an overnight stay, Sam complains.

- He means two thousand rupees, which is a lot less than two thousand dollars, I tell him. Eve, who previously was surprised of my awareness of different currencies, does not even react.

Ayaan hands over two wrinkly one-thousand-dollar bill, the man takes it and stomps on his cigarette. The dark hostel is cramped and grey, but this does not matter since we will not spend the rest of our time here. We follow a trail of lights on the wall by some stairs, and reach our surprisingly wide room, furnished with a double bed and an empty wooden table.

Half an hour passes by, until Ayaan walks into the room again. He explains that the owner can charge us using a homemade charger. I ask him how they could their own charger at home, and he says that they constructed it without any help- or permission from PunchINC. Sam then mentions the risks of using third-party products; firewalls, viruses, short circuit to only mention a few. Neither Eve or Adam seem to mind using this homemade charger, however. If you can build your own things at home, then why would you pay someone else to do it? Could this be some sort of social code people have, or are people just awfully lazy?