Journal.txt(13)

The four of us sit down on a bench, and then Eve asks everyone about their energy percentage. I tell her that I have 65%, Sam tells her that he has 59%. Adam says he does not like to reveal his amount of energy in public, but Eve tells him to behave and then he finally admits having 51%. I ask Eve how much energy she has left, and she says she has 82%.

- You have been active for twenty hours straight without charging. How can you still have as much energy left as over seventy-eight percent?! Sam asks her.

- I have a very strong battery, Eve responds quickly. A woman passes by Eve as she says this, and I cannot help but to grin. I find that woman's reaction quite amusing, because she made this worrisome face and then rushed off. I then recognize her, it is the mother of that disrespectful child from the flight.

Eve is now in a real hurry to leave this airport before someone recognizes me and decides to chase us with firearms. As we walk to the area selling further travels, several people cast looks at me and Adam. Our species seems to be even less common here than in the United Kingdom. This is due either a commercial failure over here, or just a lower demand. If this is the case, I like this country, and I could imagine living a public life here if it was not for all the tourists everywhere. I know from quick research that social media exists even here in India, so the natives might even recognize us. Sam and Eve are responsible for all the communication, as you cannot tell they are robots from their looks. Adam takes a look at my injuries.

- Such a pity you got a few marks of metal showing, Adam says in his neutral voice, yet I assume sarcasm due to his own injuries that are way more visible than mine.

- I am sorry for your injuries that are worse than my own, but one of us losing their anonymity of species drags the group down as a whole, I respond in that same neutral way. People look at us as we go by, so Eve asks us to stop talking.

I nod faintly, and Adam obeys without doing anything else. After looking at Adam's torn face, I cannot blame him for acting the way he does. My face my reveal my kind, but at least my face is more or less in one piece. Getting half your face ripped off must be really painful, and indicate on the lack of compassion Adam's previous owner had. I do not like Adam's behaviour, but I still do feel very sorry for him. I do not dare to say this, because Adam will probably not like it. I do not want to make him feel more upset than necessary.

Sam and Eve turn to an old, indian man with a black turban and an orange vest and ask him how we reach the border of Nepal. He directs us to the train station of the airport which might have a train to Nepal. He then points at a sign with white outlines of a high-speed train and white text in English that says "TO TRAIN STATION". This is a little odd, because most signs that I have seen here are in Hindi. Language is not relevant to me, so we just go there without reflecting any further about it. We once again dive in to the raging stream of people, and as we do so I hear two frequently recurring voices speak.

Sai and Amara are close, but I cannot see them anywhere behind all the people who keep walking about. I cover my face with my right hand, so that in case they do see me, they will not recognize my face. I hear Sai's heavy breath, and heavy footsteps approach. He now stands in front of us.

- You okay? Amara exclaims as she draws closer. Her husband pulls her away, and claims that "it's him". I do not know whether "him" refers to the Watrine terrorist or the Lost kitchen assistant. The first is more likely though.

- Sai, you're burnt out. Come on, let's go to the bus! Amara commands before the couple walks away.

- Who were they? Sam asks me once we cannot see them nor hear them anymore.

- They were the ones who gave me money, I explain to Sam.

- The money that you forgot in your other pair of pants? he then asks me.