Journal.txt(16)

Everyone just stares at the old monk, who seems to be quite shocked himself. I then realize that we should use this collective paralysis for our benefit. I nod to Eve, since she is the fastest and the only one who can speak with Adam. I then nod to Sam, whom directly understands what I am saying. Eve and I just run forward, and glide out of our soldiers' arms. Just as I feared they would, the soldiers understand what we are doing and come after us the second we rush away. Luckily, we are a little bit faster than they are, so we manage to grab the others and get away from them.

- What about Ayaan? Sam asks me as we reach the edge of the road.

- And what about Cee?! Adam asks Eve.

- We do not have time! Eve says quickly, and tells us to hurry to the other side. This is not exactly the reaction I expect from Eve, who usually acts as the responsible kind of individual. Suddnely, Sam starts to run in a strange and slow way, after he has slowed down, he lowers his chest starts screaming.

- What is the matter? I ask him a couple of times, and he does not respond. When I let him run in front of me, I see that he has been shot in the back. It does not seem to his health the same way it would affect a human. Though it still hurts, and will do until it burns out every nearby APS, but it is not harmful in any way. It should not be, at least. I help Sam to get a bit forward, and we soon catch up with the rest of the group. More shots are fired at us, but none gets hit. Sam runs behind me and I cannot see him, but he does not scream, so I guess he is doing fine. We run into a small tunnel close to the temple.

- We are incredibly lucky to find this tunnel, I tell Eve as we reach this drilled-out miracle.

- I observed it when we approached the temple, she mentions.

- Why didn't you say anything? Sam asks her.

- I thought that we would get to rest once we were here, she answers. I had the same expectations.

The tunnel leads us to the other side of the mountain. Despite its width and height, we crawl in order to dodge bullets. The crawling is surprisingly efficient, until Sam is shot a second time and Adam gets hit in the arm once. I poke at Sam's shoulder with my foot and encourage him to speed up a little. We eventually reach the other side of the mountain, and stand up at the ledge above the green valley. Here, there is a river which runs through a village near a forest, which is suddenly interrupted by the dual railroad. Not only does this remind me of my first enjoyable sight, but the world that is resting underneath an orange sky is also way more beautiful. Adam suggests that we should overthrow one of them and hold them hostage. Though Sam thinks this is a bad idea since the soldier will defend themselves using armed violence, something they both have ability to and the rightful tools for. We have no battle programs, so therefore we could not do anything to the soldier either once we had them. I add the fact that we would not be able to use the gun even if we against all odds actually got our hands on it. They would just punch us and take it back. Instead, we should focus on blocking the tunnel. I look around for anything big enough to cover the opening with, and Eve helps along. She soon tries to pick up a loose piece of rock. It is too heavy for any of us to move, and would not be enough to fill the gap anyway.

- Robotsky would be to great help in a situation such as this. Adam says, and looks at me accusingly.

- True, Sam says, and I nod to show that I agree. Even if MB-344013 was jarring, it was undeniably very helpful.

Eve implies that we should go on, and find an exit before we are taken, tortured and thrown away. The four of us all thinking about an exit, but none can figure out anything that does not mean us getting crushed by either man or nature.