Journal.txt(22)

Eve leads us down the cliff, and somehow manages to get us down safely.

- So, what is your plan? I ask her.

- Remember that truck we just watched? Eve asks us.

- Yes, I do remember us seeing a truck, Sam answers.

- So do I, I say. What about it?

- If they are to transport more robots, then that truck will return, Eve tells us, and I understand what she means instantly. She wants us to hop onto that truck once it returns to the factory. In fact, we might not even have to wait for that specific vehicle to return, if there are others and if these have delivered previously today.

At first, I believe we are going straight towards the factory, but then Eve turns back to the road which is very smart if we do not wish to be seen. Here, we are hidden behind a huge piece of rock, since the factory itself is more or less surrounded by mountains. This would make the factory quite difficult to access, but it does also make it easier to hide close to it. We wait for five hours, fifty-two minutes and seven seconds before we see the first vehicle go by, so there is more than one. Unfortunately, this truck is not one of those we want to sneak aboard, as it lacks the text "BOTDELIVER: FANCY TRANSPORT". However, it turns to the right, and heads straight to the factory.

- Well, we will just have to wait another five hours and fifty minutes, Sam says sadly. The same truck then returns from the factory, probably carrying another AssaultBot into the world. Sam waves after the vehicle.

- Stop it! Do you want the driver's attention? Eve asks him, probably rhetorically, and he stops.This time, we only have to wait for two hours before another truck appears, this one is moving in the right direction and we spot it in good time. We sneak over to a discreet spot by the road, from where we await the vehicle. It is not easy, but we manage to get up on the moving truck, as it most fortunatly is not going very fast.

However, our transportation passes by the road into the factory, and continues forward. This is bad, and Eve is quickest to react by jumping off. Sam follows her lead, and I am close behind - even though I anticipate the cutting pain I am about to feel. As a matter of fact, this is probably the most painful thing happening to me throughout the last few days, and yesterday I was beaten up by a group of well-shaped men. The truck moves on without noticing us, even though most people would probably see us pretty soon. Though I am not complaining.

It does not seem like anyone was injured, but I think some of my APS:es were busted. To be honest, I do not mind them breaking, really. Pain is nothing that I enjoy, and I doubt anyone, human or machine, does. Why create a machine that is rendered suffering by anything, and not one that enjoys everything? I guess it is more satisfying to deprive someone of their joy than to create it. Besides, the humans have each other to please.

This time, it takes six hours and thirty-one seconds before we see the glimpse of what could be an incoming vehicle.

As it drives closer, we can make out "BOTDELIVER: FANCY TRANSPORT" from its side, and as if this was a command, we hop onto this truck. It turns in towards the factory, and passes through a border that we did not see from the cliff. The truck keeps on riding unborthered, and the sight of the guards on duty that we put behind deem it would a miracle if no one has spotted us yet.

- So nobody's reported anything? asks someone that I do not see.

- We'll be ready when they show up, answers another voice whose owner I cannot see either. Sam's journal might have revealed that we are headed for this place, but our motive might still be a secret.

The vehicle then slows down all of sudden, and turns around to move backwards into the terminal. Meanwhile, said terminal is opened, and a big wooden box is rolled out. PunchINC's frustratingly inoffensive logotype is printed on one of the planks, and below it "PD-4003" is printed discreetly. The skinny man in grey overalls sees us and screams in terror, which earns the security guards' attention pretty much instantaneously.