Journal.txt(10)

It is not really that hard turning the van and keeping its course, the biggest problem is actually my hands slipping off the steering wheel, which is thick and difficult to grab with my prim, immovable hands.

- Is everything okay? Eve asks me.

- Yes, though my hands are not designed for this sort of performance, I explain. I hardly see any policemen nor officers out right now, which is odd regarding I, "the Watrine Terrorist" being loose on the streets of the city. I instantly regret even thinking of my previous sentence, because now I actually see one car from the Civil Defence. I take a quick look at the drivers, but to my surprise they are not Charles and Hubert. For some reason, backed up with statistical proof when I think about it, I thought it would be them. Except for experience, there should not be any reason why it would be them I crossed paths with, though it has still always been them before.These officers are both young women, one of them has short beard. No, it is just a male with a very feminine face. I can say the other one is a woman, however, after three additional tests with my biometric analysis software. I already had a steady definition of which facial features should be masculine and feminine respectively to begin with, but with time I register how even more features occur in patterns based on gender, and this makes my biometric analysis even safer every time.

Four eyes of authority follow me for a long time. They must recognize my face, and are now just making sure that it is me. They put their sirens on and drive in behind us.

- Milan-hybrid-twenty-three, would you please pull over? they yell in a megaphone. I am about to speed up when Eve stops me and says we have to stop. The female officer walks out of the car, and stands outside the window on my right side. Eve weaves it down.

- Let me do the talking, Eve declares.

- Please, I answer, and cover my face as the window disappears and the two feminine entities face each other over my neck.

- Well, what do you have to say to your defence? she asks us, in a quiet, still aggressive tone. There is actually no reason for me to cover my face, she already knows who I am, maybe even what I am, but despite knowing this, I cannot ignore the instinct, the hope that she does not know, the slight chance that this is about something else. Eve acts way more timid than I would have.

- What seems to be the problem, Miss? Eve asks calmly.

- I think you should know what this is about! the officer responds and writes down something on her phone. I cannot witness this with my eyes, but I can hear the tapping on a touch screen which could not be anything but the forming of words.

- Could you please explain what we have done wrong? Eve asks.

- Why you criminal masterminds, I'm gonna tell you EVERYTHING you've done, the officer says.

She knows that we are... we. If I tell Sam, Adam and Cee now they might have enough time to prepare MB-344013 before we are swarmed by the whole Civil Defence another time today. As I take a quick look at the human outside the van, and notice her confused, nonchalant face. It looks as though she does not mean what she says, she might even be on our side, or maybe she just does not care. She sighs, and lowers her head.

- You drove in red light, and now you stopped in green, the officer claims. I am relieved, because this is most fortunately not about my reputation as a criminal. This lady does not necessarily even have to know who we are and what we have gone through. Eve thinks for a short while, and then makes up a good excuse for my behaviour.

- You will have to excuse my husband, he has a hard time at work right now, and he doesn't get his required amount of sleep, you know, she says, so secure that I could perceive it as true. Unless I would have known that it was a lie, my software would have made me believe it.