Journal.txt(27)

Neither Eve or I could ever have anticipated the weather conditions of the mountain pass. It started to snow all of sudden, which reminded both of us of our sensitivity to extreme temperature. I guess these mountains are higher than Mount Grim and therefore they attract more clouds. The low temperature is most racking, though Eve explains that it cannot hurt us as it does not reach minus forty degrees Celsius. The transmission fluids might freeze then. Considering we do not produce any natural heat like humans do, we should definitively stay alert of our surroundings and also hope for the best. There might be a storm coming our way, but at the next valley there might be a warm house.

The temperature seems to lower for each passing second, and even the wind seems to blow faster. We must find shelter soon as possible, because otherwise we will suffer permanent injuries unless we break on the spot. I have this memory of that time when I almost overheated myself by thinking logically. However, I have thought logically lots of times since then without even getting warm. My brain cells are developing frequently, and are probably way more adapted to occupy a greater share of the processing. Still, would it be possible to overheat myself by doing something complicated? Then what would that be? Something almost impossible... I know! I will try to handle a weapon without even holding one! It does not work, I do not get any warmer, at least not enough to make a meaningful difference. Eve asks me what I am doing, and I tell her that I am trying to generate heat. She is growing worried herself, so she begins moving around as well.

I try to think of something that I am unable to do. I reach for the rear side of my head, and I try to take my brain piece out, which the movement lock will not allow. Unfortunately, we removed our movement locks back in the factory, so I might actually succeed in my gesture and kill myself. I am not sure if the anti violenceware and the movement lock are the same things, but why take the risk? There are actually several things that I have seen humans do that I have not tried out myself. However, if I would try to copy these many movements, then maybe I will heat up a bit.

I once saw this woman whom held her index finger and her middle finger crossed. I try to recreate this gesture, and it is actually kind of difficult until I realize the physics behind it. I heat up a little bit, but barely. Rasheed moved in a really odd, wavering manner after he had taken some sips from his glass. I try to mimic his pattern of movement, and I actually heat up trying to remember it. Eve looks at me tilting her head, I then explaon that I am trying to copy the movement of a specific human in its entirety. 0She seems to understand what I mean, so now she tries to do the same, only with additional fashion of limping and also swinging her arms around. I can sense that I am getting a little warmer now, but my situation is still anything but safe.

I try to copy Damian running towards us with his gun in the air, but it makes me feel uncomfortable, so instead I try to copy MB-344013 running after me and Sam, only to make a sudden stop.

I am actually feeling warmer at a remarkable rate now, but these imitations bring back a lot of old memories. I miss Sam, Cee and Adam. I cannot really say that I miss the lifeless MB-344013, which was basically a tank with the shape of slight resemblance to a human. An inverted AssaultBot, basically. As I recreate the moment where MB-344013 suddenly freezes, Eve bumps into me, and I fall to the cold terrain.

- Are you warm yet? Eve asks me, and I tell her that I will have to keep using my full capacity. I quit my explanation by exhorting Eve to proceed forward, while we imitate different people to keep ourselves warm. I then get this idea; I could activate a completely useless background process. I run something called "Fallexe.Proc", which I cannot see any function of whatsoever. It process will require a working memory of almost one hundred gigabyte of my one hundred and twenty-eight, so I might burn my RAM out unless I turn it off just in time.Eve starts to rub her hands against each other rapidly.