Journal.txt(7)

Once ten and a half hour has gone by, Shaun walks into the room.

- Good morning, everybody! he says loudly, before escorting me and PA-2321 to the upper level.

- Where are we going? PA-2321 asks Shaun.

- Doctor Geape wants to speak with you, interview and inspect you guys and stuff, he explains.When we get to the grand hall of the building, I instantly hear some familiar faces from yesterday discuss topics like me, PA-2321 and our fellow machines. I hear a woman say that PunchINC is "a bunch of sadistic dirtbags", and I wonder if I do not agree with her.

Once we finally reach Fred's office, he greets us stiffly and asks us to sit down on two chairs in front of him. Shaun closes the door, and then remains in the room. Fred does not seem to mind him even though he obviously can see him, so I do not mention anything.

- Welcome, welcome. So this is my office. It's a little cramped, but I hope you don't mind. If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask me or really just anyone else here, just make sure to sound polite. Though I... Before he he gets time to finish his introducing monologue, I interrupt him by requesting the answering of a question.

- Yes, what did you have in mind? he asks me.

- Why does the appearance of MB-344013 differ so much from the rest of us? I ask Fred.

- There will be time for that later, he answers, and proceeds with his introduction.

- Here in BUTT, you shouldn... Fred starts, when Shaun giggles a little.

- What are you laughing at? PA-2321 asks him.

- I'm sorry. Please do continue, Doctor Geape, he says.

- Well, the acronym isn't the best, Fred admits.

- Then why are you using it? PA-2321 asks.

- See, to gather a group of people, you have grab their attention, Fred explains.

- How come the acronym B-U-T-T gain attention? PA-2321 asks, and Shaun bursts out laughing. Fred tells him to be quiet, and explains himself.

- Uhm... people find it funny to hear... ehem... nasty words, Fred explains.

- So you mean BUTT, like a posterior? I suggest.

- That's right, giving people a little laughter is a clever way to make them listen, I thought, but now... it's just stupid. Moving on...

He continues to talk about the group.

- Like I said yesterday, us at Bots United Towards Tyranny has a mission to save and protect abused robots, like you guys.

- Why though? Don't humans think that robots are meaningless? I ask.

- We do not think so. No form of intelligence should exist only to suffer, he says.

Fred disbands this introducing meeting, and then requests to inspect us for his research and also security reasons. He says that he is especially curious about my code, since my behaviour differs a lot from any other AssaultBot. I have second thoughts if I really want anyone to go into my code, but I agree to it due to my fear of being sent back to the street... or to Sir's. On the way to the laboratory, Fred explains the class system, and three types of us. Firstly, he tells us about the A-class, which is the most produced and consumed in quantity. These are moderately easy to produce and have reasonable prices regarding the ten-year-warranty you get. Class B is a bit more expensive, but capable of enduring more brutal acts of violence than class A. Its parts are harder and thicker, and with its even longer warranty, it is basically a better made Class A robot. Class C is the cheapest type and the one to break most easily. The class C robots are intended for one-use only. I am not exactly sure what Fred means by that, though I am still happy I do not belong to that class.