Journal.txt(15)

- You must be robots, the elder gentleman greets us.

- That's us, I tell him. He then looks at us.

- Sorry, my English is not the best, he says and looks only at me.

- Do not worry, I speak Nepali, Hindi, you got it, I inform him. Though the monk is not quite interested in my linguistic skills, he now looks around at us in confusion.

- Where's Mister Geape, I thought he would come with you? the monk states. Fred trusts this man to keep us, so he can surely trust his own truth to him.

- The movement was stormed by authorities, and Fred was taken, I conclude.

- We were able to escape thanks to a military robot modified by Fred, Sam explains. When Ayaan hears this more detailed version of our run, he is slightly worried and bends over his mouth right next to my left ear where he whispers something. I cannot hear it since I am focusing at the dialogue between the monk and Sam. He repeats himself, and now I hear. "You aren't still chased by the police?" I shake my head. "You never told me you were in the first place!" he then says. However, I claim that it should have been mentioned at least once, this would be most reasonable, though I cannot go back and check.

- It's okay if your military robot didn't go here with you. He is a tool of war, a weapon, and we do not tolerate those objects on this sacred ground, says the monk.

- Hey, do you... Adam starts.

- What a pity about Fredrick, truly sad, the monk then says, but realizes that he interrupted Adam. Oh sorry, did I interrupt you? I'm so sorry, I have poor hearing, he tells Adam.

- Do you got any electricity in the temple? I ask the old monk.

- Very little do we have. It probably will not make you full, but still maybe some time, He explains.

- Approximately how long? I ask him, but he says he does not know. It really does not matter exactly how long we have left, because now we will fade in peace. It is now time to enter the temple, our new, and final home. Behind the dark wooden house, only slightly bigger than a shed, an orange sky stands on a landscape consisting of green steppes and grey mountains. The whole scene reminds me of my first view outside of Damian's mansion.

Not even two minutes pass until Adam starts with his talk about restoring Cee before we can begin without our lives in the sanctuary, but Eve tells him that we can save that to another day. For once, he ignores Eve and talks about his idea to install Cee's hard drive in another device. Of course, his first and only candidate is me. He does not present this openly, though he gives some pretty clear hints for his means. Eve defends me however, she says it might be difficult to remove my brain cells without killing them. Adam quotes Fred, and states that all thinking is equal in value, brains as well as processors. The monk states that Cee is still alive, her memories and processors, hence her simulation of consciousness remains in the hard drive.

- Thank you for all your help, we would have made it this far without it, I tell Ayaan. He smiles, 

and then turns down to the mountain road.

- Farewell! Eve bids and waves with one arm.

- You're the second best individual I have ever met! Sam yells and waves along. Instead of being sad as I thought he would, Ayaan laughs a little.

- Good bye! Adam says, and his voice appears colder and less human as ever.Ayaan then halts on his way down the mountain, and suggests that he someday might come visit us. We all nod.

- Most tourists come in august, so come here in september or october. the monk cries at our friend, who now disappears around the corner along with all our worries. We stay outside the temple for a short while, to enjoy this moment.