Journal.txt(19)

I have now returned to the place where everything I have seen and experienced gathers. In the return to this place of information alone, I soon notice that a lot is missing since last time. For example, I cannot find the 'Kyle' whom brought me and Sam to the casino. Of course, all my information about him is recorded on my hard drive, but I do not consciously remember him like I remember my friends Mohan, Aesha and Rasheed. Why do I not think of him more, should the incident at the casino not be more meaningful than the time I had with the friends? Has my subconsciousness chosen to ignore the dark past, do I even have such a thing?

MB-344013 was never really our friend. It just helped us because it was programmed to, and once the code said something else it tried to destroy me instead. I am still not sure what it received that could have made it attack us. It must have something to do with Fred's modifications, the firewall that disappeared with everything else was no longer holding back whatever that signal was. It was never any secret that Fred Geape once lived in Nepal, and said statement was proved when we visited his house. In another occurence of events, we could have been in the Lily Temple now, but what would we do there? Is frequent running and terror really worse than eternal numbness? We must always run, because even if abuse between humans is strictly prohibited, there are no laws that prevent humans från abusing robots. Why not? Why would anyone develop robots to beat? No one would build us or even come up with us unless there was a reason to. If people enjoy violence so much, then why is it forbidden for human beings to fight each other? They would have saved resources if they attacked each others' already existing flesh rather than animating metal and beating it instead.

They might just want to abuse something, but nothing that is human. Then why would they design us to resemble humans? And why giving such machines consciousness, would it feel better to abuse someone who is aware of it, who feels the pain? I only possess a part of the human brain, obviously not the one containing the sadistic ways of thinking I now ponder over. I do occasionally feel anger and irritation, but I am seldom frustrated, almost never as a matter of fact. Right now, I am actually happy not to possess a complete human mind, if it means I go without the meaningless, internal wraith of a human. I am free from organs that produce hormones, this is probably the most essential cause of my mental liberty.

Sam has a completely artificial mind, and he gets annoyed more often than I do. Could this be his coding, supposed to make him appear more human? Is this also the reason Adam showed his arbitrary despise, what other reason could there even be? Why is Eve so much more intelligent than the rest of us, even me sometimes? Is she just produced in better quality, is she just more experienced?

Suddenly, the picture of a battery filled with green colour reveals itself, and beneath it there is text that says '100%' in big, white symbols. I remember it while everything else vanishes, and it follows me until when my consciousness has fully returned to my body. I am fully charged, Eve and Sam are still gathering energy. Eve finishes charging pretty soon, but Sam takes a little more time.

His battery is of worse quality than the one I respectively the one Eve holds. It seems like Sam will not be finished for quite some time, so I move my focus to the room we currently find ourselves in. This is an open, grey room, I am not sure whether the walls are made out of concrete, metal or plastic. The material is grey anyhow. The three chargers that are attached to the wall do not really fit in with the rest of the interior, so they are feel like a quite desperate final solution. Save these three stations, there is also a dark screen on the opposite wall, I notice as I also notice than I cannot walk.

As if my feet were stuck to the floor, my legs are immovable. The reason for this is tracked down to a plate on the floor on which I stand. This reminds me of my charger in Damian's mansion, which also consisted both of a plate for my hand and a platform that I would stand on. However, I never gained any energy through my feet, so I start to wonder whether it is even possible. I try checking the current, but I cannot reach lower than right above my soles, whence the current is at 0 ampere.