11:30 PM

“Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoyed the show. Freddy and the gang are pretty tired, but they’ll be back after a few days of rest. Please make your way to the front of the building where you will get novelty glasses, a voucher for one free soda refill, and a chance to win a free permanent activity pass. have an awesome night, and we’ll see you again soon,” the pre-recorded announcement droned on the overhead speakers. Gregory ignored it as he walked by the performers’ rooms, hearing the sounds he heard in the vent. Eventually, he got to a large motion-sensing roll-up door where he found a podium with a card stand full of Photo Passes like Freddy said there would be. Gregory reached up and took one of the cards before dashing back to Freddy’s room and scanning it, causing the door to open and reveal Freddy, who was patiently sitting on the couch with a glass in his hand.

“Way to go, superstar! I knew you could do it. I know how to get you out of here, allow me to carry you, there is still time, but we must hurry. If I am spotted, I will certainly be taken back to my room. I will escort you to the main exit through the utility tunnels. It is the safest path,” the bear smiled as he stood up and approached the boy, holding out his arms.

“Ok, but you better be careful carrying me,,” reluctantly, Gregory let Freddy pick him up and go through an employees only door and down a flight of stairs. It was kinda relaxing, actually; at least before the duo heard a voice.

“Hello? Little boy? If you’re down here, say something!” a woman called from below them. It was the rabbit lady.

“She’s down here! We have to go back," Gregory whispered to Freddy.

“Do not worry Gregory. Even if we are spotted, you are safe with me. She would never suspect that we are traveling together. However, we should still do our best to avoid her. If I am sent back to my room, we will never make it to the lobby before midnight,” Freddy whispered back as he continued to descend the stairs. The bear suddenly stopped in his tracks; his powers detecting something wrong with Gregory's arm.

“I feel you are broken,” he looked at the 10-year-old in his arms.

“What do you mean? I’m fine!” the brunette protested.

“No, I feel that something is wrong. I am taking you to the first aid station," Freddy replied as he took a sudden right turn and dropped Gregory in the first aid station.

“There’s no time! I’m fine!” The boy protested again as Freddy closed the curtain, making a shushing gesture as he did. Just then, Officer Vanessa walked through the doorway the bear had come through and saw him instantly.

“Freddy! You’re supposed to be resting,” the rabbit huffed as she approached the lead singer.

“Officer Vanessa, I do not remember what happened,” he hesitated, moving slightly to cover the small gap between the curtain and the station wall.

“Well, you collapsed in the middle of your main show, Jeremy told me to check on you while I'm on patrol, and that you’d be staying here for tonight, he said it’s a safety precaution; everyone else is here, too. But there’s another problem,” she sighed as she turned off her flashlight.

“I apologize,” Freddy muttered and looked down slightly.

“Ok, look; we’re like 15 minutes from closing and some human kid is sneaking around backstage, I already told the others. I’ll take you back to your room, and you are to immediately alert me if you see him,” she continued, giving Freddy a stern look.

“Very well. I can get back to my room on my own. have a good night, Officer Vanessa,” Freddy smiled. Vanessa smiled back at him.

“If you say so, remember to drink water and get to sleep, ok? Here’s your Security Badge. night,” she waved as she walked away, turning her flashlight back on and continuing her patrol. After a few minutes, Freddy quietly opened the curtain and scooped Gregory back into his arms before continuing on the path to the main exit.