month 2 - old wounds

The next month was almost identical to how the performers expected the last one to go, with the only difference being Gregory. But things quickly took a left turn with a shocking email roxy received while the crew was eating breakfast in their green rooms. At first, the email wasn't all too shocking, it was something about her dad. As she read further, the email got more and more spit-take worthy. Roxy's father had died and whoever was sending the message wanted her and her older half brother, who she never knew about, to come to the funeral and lie about him, promising a generous amount of money in return. The message also had her brother's phone number. She choked on her coffee reading how much this yokai was willing to pay to lie about her father.

"What's wrong?" chica asked, seeing her girlfriend's distress. Roxy just handed her phone to the fowl and continued to try and get the coffee out of her throat. Chica had a similar reaction upon finishing the email.

"Who's willing to pay that much for that?!" she asked aloud.

"No clue," Roxy replied.

"Well, what do you wanna do? Take the offer or leave it?"

"As much as i wanna take the money, i don't know who'll take my spot as keytarist."

"You've been teaching me how to play, haven't you? I could take your place."

"Then there'll be no one to play guitar."
"Fair enough. What about foxy? He can take your place."

"Maybe."

From there the partners planned out when roxy would gow and when she would get back. When they had finally finished planning and getting everything ready, Roxy flew to Santa Ana and went to her dad's mansion, where her half brother told her he would be staying. Once she walked in, she took off her shoes and went to her old room to see if anything had been moved. Once she got there, a first look at the room suggested it hadn't even been touched since she left. After more thoroughly looking through everything, the wolf confirmed that the room hadn't been touched.

"Wow, I thought he'd turn this into an indoor golf course or something," she said to herself as she heard someone walking to the door.

"Right!? That sounds just like him! Hey, you must be roxanne. I'm Asher, nice to meet you!" a boy about four years older than her smiled standing in the doorway.

"Right back at ya. So, you get promised a fuck ton of money to talk bullshit about dad too?" she asked.

"Yep, heard about you in the email, too. So, who's your mom, if it ain't too personal."

"Yvette winchester. Ever heard of her?"

"Oh you mean the chick who went apeshit like four years ago, crying about her pu-" he stopped in realization.

"Did you run away?"

"Surprised you didn't figure out sooner. So she went to dad asking for help?"

"Yep, it was kinda sad to be honest. Anyway, she skipped town a year or two ago, now she's part of some theater group in chicago."

"Glad to hear she's doing well."

"How about we change the topic to something less sensitive? Dad made the instrument room for you?"

"Does that still exist?"

"Yea, wanna go check it out?"

"Hell yes!" Roxy shouted excitedly. Together, the siblings went into the instrument room and Roxy taught Asher how to play the keytar.

"You catch on pretty quick, took me a year or so to learn."

"Thank you, a lot of yokai tend to say that about me."