12:00 AM

“No, no! Wait, I'm still here!” he desperately exclaimed as he slowed down to catch his breath.

“Now what am I supposed to do?" he sighed, coming to a stop.

“How unfortunate, Gregory. You missed your chance, but there is still hope. You should be able to escape when the security doors reopen at 6:00 AM. Until then, keep moving and try not to draw attention to yourself. If there is another way out, I will help you find it, I promise," Freddy soothed in a calm voice. Gregory sighed again as he walked around looking for something to help him. Eventually, he found a podium with another cardholder on it. He went to get a closer look and found out they were entry tickets. He picked one up and went over to the barriers and scanned it. The barriers opened instantly.

“Well done, superstar. You have accessed the main lobby. Unfortunately, that complimentary entry ticket does not allow you to enter the pizzeria. You can find an upgrade machine in customer service," Freddy congratulated as Gregory avoided the security bots that were scattered around.

“Where are you?” he heard Chica call as light footsteps reverberated off the walls and floor. Gregory held his breath, listening for her as he scanned the area for customer service. After a bit of searching and hiding, he found a shuttered door with the words ‘customer service’ in neon lights just above it. He breathed a sigh of relief as he made his way toward the shudder before one of the security bots passed by him and started beeping loudly.

“Our friendly security staff can help,” Chica cooed as the 10-year-old heard footsteps approaching the security bot that saw him. He crept up a flight of stairs as Chica descended the staircase parallel to it. Once he got to the top, he held his breath and listened for the chicken’s footsteps.

“Who wants candy?” she sang as the sound of her boots tapping rhythmically against the linoleum resumed. Gregory sighed and rose a bit as he approached one of the elevators that lined the back wall. Forgetting about customer service in his panic, he tried scanning the entry ticket on the keypad against the wall by the elevator before realizing what he was doing.

“This ticket won’t even work. It says, ‘good for entrance to the lobby shops. upgrade options available at customer service. Also good for one free prize from Glamrock gifts, while supplies last,’" Gregory read off the slip of paper in his hand.

“I wonder what the free prize is?” Freddy responded. Gregory scanned the room for Chica so he could get down to the gift shop, but instead ended up seeing a sign that read ‘Glamrock gifts’ above a door that was just across from him.

“Employees only,” Chica sang as she meandered up the stairs, Gregory careful to avoid her. He found another security bot when he reached the top floor of the gift shop, which was careful to avoid so as to not get himself caught. Chica was spouting more standard security lines she used to find lost children as Gregory made his way down the stairs and towards a table with nothing but a gift box placed between two uncanny sun and moon plushies with the sign reading, ‘free mystery prize’ above it.

“Freddy, I found the free gift!” Gregory announced cheerfully as he opened the box only to find a magnet with a purple hippo on it.

“And it's a weird purple hippo magnet? A little disappointing,” his initial enthusiasm dropped the minute he saw it and took it out of the box.

“I am sorry, Gregory. I am truly sorry," Freddy sympathized as the brunette made his way back up the stairs and towards the door he came in through. He was suddenly startled by an alarm as he passed by another security bot.

“gregory~” Chica called as she walked through the door to the gift shop, only to see nothing. Gregory sighed in relief as he heard Chica's boots tap against the linoleum as she exited the gift shop with him quietly following behind, making his way to customer service. When he got there he immediately found the machine Freddy was talking about and put the entry ticket in; only for nothing to come out.

“It ate my pass!” he whispered in shock.

“Try that terrible magnet you found,” Freddy suggested from the other end of Gregory's watch. The 10-year-old nodded and stuck the hippo magnet below the ticket insertion slot, causing the machine to malfunction and spit out a blue card.

“Yes! The magnet scrambled the machine! aw man, now it’s some kind of Daycare Pass?” the boy celebrated as he took the card and examined it. The pass had an overall sky theme, with two different shades of blue, light blue on the left and dark blue on the right. On the left was a sun with an uncanny grin, and the right had a moon with an equally off-putting face; Gregory realized they were the dolls in the gift shop. Plastered in the middle was ‘Superstar Daycare’ in blue lettering with a rainbow over it and a star right before the word ‘daycare’. Below that were the words ‘pick-up pass’ in orange.

“That is great news! I will meet you in the daycare. The entrance is on the second-floor balcony," Freddy told his new companion. Once Gregory slipped past Chica he saw two red doors with ‘Superstar Daycare pick-up’ painted over it. He went through the doors and down a hallway where he saw another, much larger roll-up door with a sky theme painted on it next to a scanner like the one by Freddy’s door. He scanned his pass and went through.

12:30 AM

975 words