2:15 AM

Once he was behind the construction fence, he saw what looked like Freddy sitting on the ground and holding his head with one hand. He ran up to him immediately.

“Freddy! Are you ok?” the boy asked as soon as he got close enough.

“There you are! I was so worried. I waited and waited for you. I wasn’t able to get water and have been trying to get down to aid and maintenance. I think something is wrong," Freddy weakly smiled and put a hand on Gregory's shoulder.

“Is there anything I can do?” Gregory asked, his brows furrowing in concern.

“Help me get to aid and maintenance.”

“Of course I will! How do we get there?”

“It is down under the main stage. Normally, the stage lift takes me down there after every concert. That is really the only way I know how." Freddy paused and swallowed.

“Use that door behind me. It will take you to the rehearsal room on the other side of the building. Look for a Backstage Pass then find a way to turn on the lift. Good luck, superstar," Freddy smiled.

“Ok. I'll do my best," Gregory smiled back as he headed for the door Freddy was talking about and walked through it. When the door closed behind him, he started maneuvering around the construction materials that cluttered the hall until he came upon another door that led to a large room littered with more construction equipment, with no angry alligators or rabbit security guard in sight. His initial relief of none of the performers not being around was cut short when he heard what sounded like footsteps from across the room, causing him to freeze and scan the area. There were security bots sprinkled around the area and in the distance, he saw Roxy prowling around, looking for him. Gregory carefully snuck around, avoiding the bots and the wolf. Eventually, he got to a hallway and made a mad dash for the other side, which turned out to be a bad idea because about halfway down, a security bot spotted him and activated an alarm, and to add insult to, what Gregory was hoping wasn’t a literal, injury, his arm started throbbing again, causing him to slow down. (I keep thinking this line doesn't make sense until I actually finish the sentence)

Roxy heard one of the S.T.A.F.F bot’s alarms go off but chose to ignore it this time, the kid could wait, Freddy came first. She walked down the hall and towards where she heard Freddy, who was right where she left him.

“Here, now go back to your room, you shouldn’t be wandering around here of all places while you’re like this,” she scolded as she handed her friend the cup of water she got for him.

“Thank you, Roxanne. I will go back to my room shortly,” he smiled as he took a sip of the drink.

“Ok, just call if you need anything,” the wolf nodded as she went to try and catch that kid.

“Freddy said I could find a Backstage Pass around here somewhere,” Gregory thought out loud as he scanned the rehearsal room. Back in the hallway, he expected Roxy to give chase when he activated the alarm, but for some reason, she was nowhere to be found. He took the opportunity to hightail it to the other end of the hall. After some searching, he found a slip of paper that read ‘Backstage Pass’ sitting on a small bleacher and scooped it up without hesitation.

2:30 AM

591 words