2:30 AM

“Got it! Now I just need to find the lift controls,” he smiled as he scanned the room again and made his way to a doorway he saw, which led him back to the hallway with all the performers’ rooms. After some searching, he went through another door and up a flight of stairs which led him to a set of doors protecting a room full of monitors and keyboards; presumably the security room. Gregory quickly scanned the room and saw a Freddy head on one of the desks and took the Security Badge.

“There’s something else in here. What’s this? it looks… old,” he said to himself after he noticed a disk in a case laying on the desk. He picked it up.

“Gregory? What did you do? Something happened. I can communicate again. I think you fixed my signal. Thank you," Freddy suddenly rasped from Gregory's Fazwatch, causing him to flinch. He looked around and noticed that he could see the camera feed on the monitors, specifically the ones with Freddy.

“I can see you on the monitor. I didn’t think you could stand up.”

“Consider it a second wind,” the bear lied, not knowing how Gregory would react to the truth.

“Freddy, I see Roxy and Monty on the cameras. They’re both coming for the office!” the boy panicked as he looked at the other monitors and saw the performers en route.

“Do not let them in. The security doors are equipped with electrical deterrents. If you see them banging on the doors, hit the appropriate button. The shock should get  them to go away.”

“Ok, but how do I get out of here?”

“Do you see that large vent in the floor? (Have you ever heard of among us, Gregory?) you are probably standing right on top of it. If I can reach the room under you, I should be able to force it open and let you out,” the lead singer pointed out as he walked to the next door he needed to get to the lost child before noticing the graphic on the keypad, indicating it was on lockdown.

“All doors appear to be on lockdown. Hmm… look for me on the monitors. If you see me waving, push the button in front of the corresponding monitor to open the door.”

Gregory nodded and began the tedious process of keeping Roxy and Monty away while he opened various doors for Freddy, he stopped using his right arm about halfway through. After a grueling 5 minutes, Freddy got to the vent under the security room and pulled the grate off.

“Jump down!” he shouted when he noticed Gregory’s hesitation. The boy reluctantly dropped out of the office and into the bear’s open arms, causing his arm to throb yet again.

“Follow me to the atrium. That is a program disk for the stage show. If you use it in the sound booth, you should be able to run a showtime program which will activate the lift," Freddy explained as the pair walked down the hall to the main atrium and opened the door.

“Gregory, go to the sound booth on the third-floor balcony. Run the performance program on that disk then meet me back on the stage. Please hurry, I will wait here,” Freddy instructed as he pointed to the booth in question. Gregory nodded and made his way to the other end of the atrium. As he walked, he noticed a large circle of light and looked around for where it was coming from, eventually spotting Monty on top of a booth labeled ‘party check-in'.

“I better avoid that spotlight,” he muttered under his breath as he avoided both the spotlight and the security bots before eventually getting to the next floor and spotting Roxy. He was careful to avoid her but didn’t account for the security bots because he ran smack dab into one, causing its alarm to go off.

“get back here!” Roxy shouted as she ran towards him at full speed. Gregory ran away and got to see the very satisfying sight of Roxy crashing headfirst into the bot he’d set off. He ran up the escalator he was on and toward the sound booth, not careful to avoid Chica. He hastily put the disk into the slot and pressed a button that lit up after he did so before running away from the peppy chicken on his trail.

    “That should do it. I hope Freddy's ok. I should get back to the stage right away,” he whispered to himself as he ran down the escalator, causing Roxy to join in on the chase for a moment before she crashed into something, causing Chica to stop and check on her while Gregory got away. He almost set off another security bot as he slowed down to catch his breath, deciding to not go as fast as he made his way to the stage and rejoined Freddy.

    “Great job superstar. Just push that button and the lift will take us down to aid and maintenance," Freddy smiled and pointed to a small rectangular engraving on the floor next to the platform. Gregory nodded and opened the hatch protecting the button and pressed it, causing the lift to activate and take the pair down to the lower levels of the Pizzaplex.

2:55 AM

890 words