12:30 AM

Once he was in, he was met with a baby blue walled room with similar carpeting, decorated with tables and chairs of varying sizes, with shoe cubbies on the far right wall next to two podiums, and in the middle was a large statue of a sun clown creature with a moon clown creature behind it.

"Gregory, I am unable to reach you. Check the daycare security desk for a Security Badge, then let me in," Freddy instructed as Gregory walked around, looking for a way into the daycare, which didn't take long because a few seconds into his search, he found a chute with a 'slide into fun!' sign over it. He went down the slide and was dumped into a ball pit when he reached the end. He walked forward, he heard something above him. He looked up to see the sun clown from the statue dancing out from a semi-circle doorway with a castle theme, laughing as they did so. Gregory raised an eyebrow as the sun clown jumped down from the balcony he was on and into the ball pit. He shrugged it off and walked forward.

"Helloooo! New friend! You're sure up late, are we having a slumber party? Where are all your friends?" the sun clown suddenly popped up from the colorful toys and lifted the boy off his feet, causing his right arm to throb.

"We can finger paint, tell stories, drink fizzy faz until our heads ex-PLODE and then stay up all night!'' the sun clown rattled on as he placed Gregory down by a stack of large plastic cans and started dancing in front of him.

"There is only one rule: keep the lights on. ON. on..." The sun clown's cheery voice suddenly went serious with the last part. Gregory shuddered at the tone and tried to walk away before the sun clown picked him up and placed him back by the cans, causing his arm to throb again. The boy didn't have the patience for whatever this guy was doing, so subtly kicked the bottom can and caused the entire stack to come toppling over.

"oh, no, no, no! What a mess! Oh, which was the bottom? Where is the top? Clean up! Clean up!" the sun clown panicked as they went to fix the cans while Gregory slipped away towards the security desk he saw when he first came in. Once he got closer, he noticed a weird Freddy head on the wall with a heavy-duty flashlight lodged in its jaw along with another, smaller, Freddy head on the desk.

"New friend, this- this area is off-limits, you're going to get us in trouble," Sun coaxed as he anxiously skipped up to the desk while Gregory took the flashlight and went up to the other Freddy.

"Don't you want a puppet show? I have glitter glue! Do you like glitter glue? Googly eyes?" Sun tried to bargain as he jumped onto the counter while Gregory pressed Freddy's nose, causing his mouth to open revealing a level 1 Security Badge, which he gladly took. Just as he lifted the card out of its hiding place, the lights abruptly went out.

"No- no! Why would you do that?! Lights on! Lights on! I warned you- I WARNED YOU!" Sun panicked as he made frantic movements and gestures before screaming in, what sounded like, pain. He then dropped to the floor, landing with a hearty thud. Before Gregory had time to process what just happened, he heard shifting from behind the counter.

"Naughty boy. Naughty boy," a deep, smooth voice chastised as a pair of hands gently reached up from behind the counter, as if they didn't want to wake anyone. Just then, the moon clown had poked their head up, wearing a goofy, but sinister grin.

"It's past your bedtime. You must be punished," they grinned as they jumped back onto the counter.

"Nighty-night," their grin widened as a bungee cord pulled them up from the counter.

"Gregory, I do not know what you did, but the lights are out in the Daycare! You need to find the five emergency backup generators and turn them on. They are in the play structures," Freddy instructed from his end before Gregory's Fazwatch went silent yet again. Gregory turned on his flashlight and left the security desk, pushing over stacks of cans and crawling through play structures looking for the generators, all the while avoiding the moon clown as they glided through the air and climbed about the play structures trying to get him. After the fifth generator was turned on, the daycare suddenly flickered back to life. Gregory sighed in relief as he crawled out of the play structure and walked toward the large double doors by the security desk, looking around for the sun clown. He eventually turned around and pressed a small button by the doors, hoping it would open them; but as soon as he did, the sun clown suddenly plucked him from the floor with an angry look on their face. Gregory winced at the pain that accompanied his surprise.

"Rule-breaker! Rule-breaker! You are banned from the daycare," they growled as they opened the door and tossed Gregory out before standing on the handle and reaching up for something; which turned out to be a megaphone. Gregory started running as soon as he saw what the sun clown was getting and got pretty far before they made their announcement.

"Security alert! Security alert! Wooo! Woooo!" they shouted into the megaphone as Gregory ran down the hallway toward the daycare entrance.

"Gregory! Are you alright?" Freddy asked through the Fazwatch as Gregory climbed over the fence and stopped to recover.

"Barely! Where are you?" he whispered back.

"I am on my way, I will be there shortly," Freddy reassured as he walked through the theater.

"Ok, if you say so."

Freddy came down the hallway and scanned his badge on the scanner before he saw Gregory sitting in one of the kiddy chairs cradling his arm as he waited.

"Gregory, I am here. Let us go," he smiled as he walked up to the 10-year-old, who turned around and smiled when he saw the bear. He stood up and started walking with Freddy out of the daycare towards a water cooler where Freddy stopped to get a drink. While he rehydrated, Gregory looked around and saw the security guard walking down the hall across from them, holding what looked like a knife and seeming very out of it. He watchec in fear as she she strolled into the Daycare.

"What was that?" he asked once she was gone.

"That is a fountain. A fountain is a decorative reservoir used for discharging water,'' Freddy replied as he threw his cup into the nearby trash can.

"Not the fountain! Didn't you notice the security guard walking to the Daycare?"

"No, I did not."

"This is crazy. It's like the world has it out for me!"

"I do not."

"Why?"

"I want to help you, maybe they want to help you too."

"I doubt it. For some reason, you're different."

1:00 AM

1199 words