1:00 AM

“Good news. The front doors will open in five hours," Freddy smiled as they walked towards the exit.

“Good news? Five hours? I’m not gonna last five minutes!” Gregory whisper-yelled back.

“Do not panic. If we get separated again, you can always call me on your Fazwatch, as long as I am hydrated, and I am able to reach you,” Freddy soothed as he knelt down to Gregory’s level and put a hand on his shoulder.

“We should get moving,” he started as he lifted the 10-year-old up and began walking. “You can access the main atrium with your new Security Badge,” he continued as he walked into an elevator and set the boy down.

“Gregory, I have identified two possible exit points. The main loading dock is under the food court on the first floor. There is also a fire escape on the third-floor prize counter. Check your Fazwatch. I will mark both locations on your Faz map.”

“It appears you have no Faz map. You should be able to obtain one from the greeter on the center balcony," Freddy rambled as Gregory walked over to the buttons by the door and pressed ‘two’. A cheery jingle played as the elevator moved steadily up to its destination.

“Hey superstars, it’s me, freddy! Welcome to the mega Pizzaplex! Gab a jumbo slice of pepperoni and top it with an ice cold fizzy faz. Then enjoy our super games and attractions. Don’t forget to stop by rockstar row and mmet me in person! Have fun and have a teriffic day!” a fredy recording cheered on an overhead speaker.

“That was not me. that was a recording. I want to make sure you are not confused,” the actual fredy told the boy as he glanced to the side. Once it stopped and the doors slid open, Gregory started walking out only to be startled by a robot that looked similar to the security bots.

“Hi. please take this map,” it insisted, shoving a map into his face.

“Take a map,” it continued to bombard as Gregory tried to walk away, but eventually caved and took the map from the persistent robot.

“Thank you, please enjoy. Free map,” it waved as Gregory walked off with Freddy following close behind and picking him up. After a bit of walking, Freddy noticed the señior Chip’s sign illuminated. something about the bot unsettled gregory, though he couldn't put his finger on it.

“Good news, it looks like the door to señior Chip’s is open,” he smiled as he redirected to the third floor, where the restaurant was.

“I must warn you: when you enter an area you do not have on your locator map signal, I will be unable to reach your location. You can update your mini-map at a security office. Be safe,” he warned as he set Gregory down.

1:15 AM

484 words