month 3.5 - secrets

Roxy looked around as she opened the door that to the back alley of the restaurant. She looked around for the human girl before spotting her waving behind a dumpster.

    “Hey, little lady. Did you get something to eat today?” she asked the girl.

    “No, i tried but i almost got caught,” she shook her head.

    “Well you’re lucky i managed to snag some leftover pizza slices from today,” roxy smiled back as she laid out the box in front of the girl.

    “O my god, thank you so much, roxy!” the girl whisper yelled with an ear to ear grin.

    “No problem, racer,” roxy smiled and leaned against the wall, the girl did the same. Roxy knew she had report her to human control at some point, but she kept telling herself she’d do it over time off, since it’s considered concealing a human if she didn’t she really had to report it over this time off. The girl started showing up a little after roxy got azire, so if her withholding a report of a human went on for more than 2 or so months, she could get in trouble and the human would be put down. She didn’t want that, so she told herself to report the human first day of time off.

    “Hey, i never got to ask, when’s your birthday?”

    “Why do you wanna know?”

    “Is it so bad that i wanna do a little something for the occasion?”

    “I guess not. July 11th.”

    “The 11th, huh. I guess that makes you number one twice, doesn’t it?”

    The human girl giggled. “What? What doesn’t make sense!”

    “Sure it does, there’s two 1s in 11, so you’d be number one once, and then number one again.”

    “Pfft, i guess.”

    “How about i get you cleaned up for your birthday? Wash your clothes, let you shower, get you something to eat other than pizza, that sound good? Maybe a cake too, what’s your favorite flavor?”

    “Carrot cake.”

    “Hm, you got good taste, not enough yokai like that, we always have extras at the end of the day.”

    “I don’t get what’s so bad about it, it’s mostly cinnamon with some crunchy bits.”

    “Right? Whoever doesn’t like carrot cake is just picky.”

    The girl nodded in agreement. Thus ends the carrot cake propaganda.

385 words