I Love You

Categories: Fluff/Birdflash

***

Wally watched Robin with his green orbs. Something was strange. He felt different. A good different. Every time he saw the little bird, his heart skipped a beat.

But he wasn't a little bird anymore actually. Robin was 16 and Wally was 18. He was in his rebellious stage. He'd been arguing with Batman a lot and going off on his own. Robin was his best friend though. Why did he feel like this?

Robin smiled. He was up to something. "Can we hang out tonight?"

"Sure!" Did he answer too quickly? Did he sound too eager?

"Awesome. Be at mine for 9." He answered and left for the Zeta tubes.

Wally grinned. This was it. He was going to tell him how he felt.

***

The door bell rang throughout the manor. Dick Grayson happily opened the door.

"Hey dude." Wally said.

"We need to hurry." Dick walked out.

"Are you gonna tell me where we're going?"

Dick's smile was like the Joker's. "School."

He groaned. "Aw man! Lame!"

***

The school was deserted.
"Does Bruce know we're breaking into your school?" Wally asked.

"No way, I'd be grounded for a month. He'd probably ban me from patrol too." He responded whilst picking the lock.

"Why are we doing this?" the speedster moaned.

Dick unlocked the door. "I need to get the maths test paper that we're doing."

"Why? You're like the smartest kid I know!"

The boys walked inside. "I'm trying to get on James Beattie's side."

"Seriously? That kid?" Wally sighed.
"That kid is the school bully. I need to be on his side."

Wally looked around. "Whatever."

The ginger followed the ebony down the long corridor. He couldn't keep his eyes off him. Dick stopped and at the door and yet again, picked the lock. Wally watched with fascination. Finally the lock clicked.

"We're in!" he smiled happily.

They cautiously went in. On the table was the test answers. It was practically begging to be stolen. Dick picked it up and put it in his bag.

Wally sighed. "Don't do this."
Dick asked confused. "Why?"
"We put scum away who do stuff like this." Wally told him.

"Steal test papers?" Dick laughed.

Wally shook his head. "Dick, it's stealing. We've broke into the school..."

"Why'd you have to be such a downer?" He asked.

Wally sighed. He hated telling his best friend what to do. His crush. No, it was more than a crush. Dick looked at the paper. Was it worth it?

He put it back on the table. "Let's go."
The speedster smiled, "Thanks man."

***

The walk back to the manor was painfully quiet. Wally stopped. He decided he was going to tell him it was now or never.

"Dick," Wally started. "I-I think I like you."

Dick frowned. "What do you mean?"
"I mean - I mean I 'like' you." he stuttered.

Dick wanted him to say it. "Of course you like me, you're my best friend."
"No," he paused. "I mean I love you."

Dick smiled. Now that he was the same height as the speedster, he easily leant in and kissed him. "I love you too Wally."