Shattered

Categories: Fluff/Angst/Friendship/Bromance/Daddybats

***

Every muscle was on fire. The acrobat fell to the ground. His small frame hit the concrete floor with a loud thud. Everyone's head swirled around and diverted their attention to Robin. A large man was standing over his little body.

KF left the guy he was fighting. He took down the man easily. He immediately cradled his best friend.
"Rob!" He cried.

The rest of the team couldn't come over. They had battles of their own.
KF could see what had happened. He had been stabbed in the stomach. Must have caught him off guard.
Robin's eyes were clamped shut. He didn't respond to anything. Blood trailed from his lips. Sweat soaked his pale skin. This was bad. Wally didn't know what to do.

The red haired teen ran his best friend to the bio ship. Aqaulad called a retreat.

***

The beeping sound echoed throughout the room. No one spoke. They just watched the little bird's chest move up and down.

Wally was the only one that stayed. It had been three days since the accident and his best friend still hadn't woke up. He refused to leave his side.

After hours of painful waiting, Robin's eyes finally fluttered open. They remained hidden behind his domino mask.

"Rob!" Wally sighed with relief.
"W-wally," the younger teen croaked.
"Don't try to talk. You got hurt pretty bad."

Bad was an understatement. He hurt everywhere. It was if all of his energy had been sucked out of him.
He spoke anyway. "Where's Batman?"

"He had to go on a mission yesterday."
The bird was disappointed. "Oh."
Wally held his hand. "He'll be back soon. I promise."

Robin nodded weakly. Right now, all he could think about was Bruce. He was glad he had is best friend, but he wanted his dad.

Wally sensed it. "Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere."

"Actually Wally, I'm gonna try and get some more sleep." Robin said half-heartdly.
"Oh, okay. I'll come back later." The speedster said, feeling hurt.

***

Batman aborted the mission the second he got the phone call about his son. He turned back and headed straight to the mountain.

His heart shattered into millions of pieces as he started at his son's broken body.

Dick heard him enter.
"Bruce," his voice was croaky.
He held his hand. "I came back as soon as I heard you woke up."

The Boy Wonder smiled. He gave Bruce's hand a squeeze. "That was the first time I thought I was going to die."

Bruce held back the urge to wrap his large arms his tiny frame. Because he knew that if he did, he would've caused more damage than anything else.

"You had your team with you," he smiled, "they got you home."
"I'm not home yet." Dick bit his lip. "I'm stuck in this stupid bed."

The Batman wasn't a doctor. He didn't know if it was okay for him to move. He went out to find Red Tornado to get the okay.

Meanwhile, Wally was hovering outside the room. He waited until Batman left before going in. He wasn't even sure if Robin even wanted him there.

He expected him to turn on his side and pretend he was asleep. But he didn't.

"Wally!" Robin's face lit up. He felt guilty about the way he treat him.

Now that Wally knew he was welcome, he ran straight over. "How you feeling, any pain? I was so worried and -"

"I'm fine... thank you for getting me outta there and acting fast. Batman said that if I lost anymore blood I would have..."

Wally didn't want him talking about the 'what if's'. "Well, that's what I do. So don't talk that way."

He looked like he was going to cry. "But Wally if you weren't there, I would've died!"
The speedster gritted his teeth and held back his own tears. "No! Stop it! Stop talking like that! I was there okay? I was there for you!"

Robin propped himself up. "I'd have been a corpse in a coffin. Batman, you, the team... you would've all been staring at my lifeless body."

"But you're not. You're alive. You're breathing. Yeah, a little injured. But you're here." He said walmly.

"Thank you," Robin wiped his tears away, "Wally."

Yeah, Wally thought, he'll get through this.