Road Trip!

Categories: Humour/Fluff/Bromance

***

There was one thing that Roy had always wanted to do with his brothers. And now that he had a car, he could finally do it.

Dick and Wally were more excited than he was. Wally's attention span was worse than usual as he eagerly waited for the school day to be over. Dick on the other hand had managed to contain his excitement. Staring at the clock for an hour wouldn't make it go any faster.

They had planned to go swimming for a 'reunion' as they hadn't all hung out together in months.

"This makes me want to learn how to drive!" Wally said skidding up next to Roy's 'new' car.
"But you don't need to," Roy rolled his eyes.

They weren't waiting around for Dick long. He bumbled out with all his books.

"Hurry up!" Wally waved, not taking into consideration how heavy the books actually were.

Dick groaned and started walking faster. If the books weighing him down weren't enough, he now had to deal with an impatient speedster.

Once they got in the car, Roy told them to buckle up.

Wally folded his arms. "Lame!"
"This car isn't moving until you do!"

There were two swift clicks and a 'sorry mom' that came from Wally.
Roy turned on the car, and there was a familiar hum of the engine.

The small car heated up in no time, making the black leather seats unbearable to sit on. Roy reeled down all the windows down. A cool breeze flushed inside and they stopped sticking to the seats.

"That's nice," Wally ran his fingers through his ginger locks.

Now that they were no longer being cooked, they were finally able to relax. But without music the mood was still a little dull. The radio had been broke since 1999 and Roy hadn't thought to bring any CD's.

"Check in the back," he suggested.
"Let me guess, this rust bucket bucket belonged to your Grandpa?" Wally laughed.
"Yeah how'd you know?"

Wally tossed him the 1976 single 'Carry on my Wayward Son' by 'Kansas'.

Roy shrugged. He didn't like the song but it was better than silence.

20 plays later and they all knew the song word for word. They didn't care that everyone could hear their awful singing (screaming in Wally's case).

"BANANANOOOWBAAANANANANANOWNOWNOWNOW!" Wally even sang the guitar solo.

He muted the song out and his brother's wailing voices as he tried to concentrate. At this rate they should make it to the lake for about half 4. He was hoping to get their a little earlier, but it was reasonable.

39 more plays and they still weren't there. They had gone from singing enthusiastically to wanting to pull their hair out and throw the CD out the window.

1 play later and they were back to singing at the top of their lungs.

Due to the crazy traffic congestion, the trio didn't make it to the lake until half 6.

Robin and Wally flung themselves outside as quick as they could, not wanting to bare another second in the tiny oven that Roy called a car.

"It only took 3 hours but we made it!" Roy smiled and gazed at the glittering lake.

Thankfully the temperature hadn't dropped much, so they could still strip down and swim.

"Cannonball!" The speedster jumped in.

Dick cackled and did the same, making an even bigger splash. The lake is usually bustling with people, but most people had left, leaving only the boys and a few families.

Roy jumped in after stripping. The water was a lot colder than he expected. He didn't know how they could stand it.

Dick floated on his back. "Why didn't you just get Oli to buy you a car?"

"I can't rely on him for every thing, can I? I have to start doing things myself." Roy looked at his reflection.
Like from a scene in 'Jaws', something grabbed his leg and pulled him down. Once his head was submerged, the grip on his calf was released.

Roy swam back up, and saw that Wally was in a fit of laughter. "You think that was funny?"

He might be fast on land, but water certainly wasn't Wally West's element. He tried to escape Roy, but he was too slow.

"No!" He tried to push him away, but failed miserably.

***

Half way home, the car broke down.

Dick read Wally's mind. "Don't even think about it."
"But I could just run you both home in seconds!" Wally looked half-heartedly at Roy, who was on the phone outside.

They knew he wouldn't leave the car, and they wouldn't leave him.

"It's going to be a long night." Wally un-buckled his seat belt and sighed.

***

A/N: Here's the song: