Younger Justice: Return of the Baby Wonder

Categories: Fluff/Daddybats

A/N: I got halfway through this and it deleted! So I had to start aaaaall over. Romani is in italics.

***

Another night in Gotham. The city's very own heros were perched on a roof, keeping an eye out for crime.

The Boy Wonder jumped down. The cold nibbled his skin. Sitting around wasn't helping.

It was his lucky day. He ran straight into a mugging. The lady was wearing a sleek black dress which hugged her body. She was pulling her purse out of the large man's hands. Robin jumped in, fighting him off. The man dropped the purse and it landed with a thud. He ran off because he couldn't win.

Robin leaned down to pick it up. But before his fingers touched it, smoke began to pour out of it. He looked up, but the woman wasn't there.

***

Even though Bruce Wayne was an atheist. He still believed that Sundays were for rest. It was his only day off.

Alfred was putting Dick's pancakes on a plate when Bruce realised the teenager was still curled up in bed.

It was 11:00 am. He was usually up by then. He stormed upstairs and opened Dick's door. He was met by a familiar sight. Under a bundle of covers, was a much smaller Dick.

"No," Bruce gasped as he rushed over.

He began to stroke his chubby cheek. The boy rubbed the sleep out of his eyes before he finally opened them. He stared at Bruce blankly and sat himself up.

He let out a scream. "Who are y-you?"
That was Romani. Why was he speaking Romani?

He tried to sooth him but it only made him cry louder. Alfred appeared at the door and his jaw hit the ground.

"He doesn't know who we are!" Bruce looked at his butler.
"Mommy! Daddy!" Snot ran down his noes and his eyes were bloodshot.

Alfred walked over. "Master Richard. Your mother and father have some important work to do. Master Bruce is going to take care of you until they get back."

He sniffed and glanced at his stuffed elephant teddy. "Really?"
Bruce nodded. "Really."

***

The toddler gulped down his pancakes happily.

Bruce hung up the phone. "I'm sorry. They called me in."
Alfred nodded. "I can manage."

"I've called for help. But Wally and Dinah are the only ones who can come. He'll need some things. Can you take them shopping?"

"Of course." Alfred smiled.

He handed him a note with
everything he needed. He grabbed his coat and put on his shoes. Dick hadn't managed to eat his stack of pancakes like he usually did. Bruce chuckled at the syrup around his mouth. He grabbed a wet cloth and began cleaning his face.

***

They didn't bother knocking. They walked in like it was their second home. Wally couldn't wait to see his best friend as diaper-wearing-toddler.

He brought a car seat and some clothes that were his nephew's. Just like he was told.

"How did this happen?" Dinah asked immediately.

Wally didn't even bother with questions. He just waltzed straight over and picked him up.

"This is amazing," he laughed. "My best friend isn't even toilet trained."