Revenge: 1

Categories: Angst/Daddybats/Friendship

***

"Ah-choo!" sneezed Robin for the 100th time.

He'd been at it all morning. Ever since he'd arrived at Wally's house to help with his spring cleaning.

Artemis had offered to help too, and was in the process of pulling a science experiment from under Wally's bed.

"What's this?" She held up the mouldy potato, connected to wires, a battery and some other random things.

He smirked and left Robin's side at his drawers and jumped on his bed. "That is first place in this year's science fair..."

Robin zoned out. He'd already been told about how amazing it would be. Instead, he grabbed the tissue box that was on top of the drawers and blew his nose. He then tossed it into the trash, where it joined several others.

It wasn't just his nose. His eyes and head were playing up too. It all had seemed to have started when he walked into Wally's room. He assumed it was all the dust.

The room went quiet.

Robin looked up. Wally had turned the TV off, and was staring blankly at the black screen.

Artemis was just as confused as he was. Wally had been telling her about his 4th grade science project. But he got distracted by the news, them turned it off.

"Are you okay, Wally?" Robin finally asked.

He nodded, not looking away. "Yeah, I'm good... It was just annoying, that's all."

"Uh-hu." Artemis looked back at the younger teenager skeptically. "Well this place isn't going to clean itself."

She went back to pulling things from under the bed.

But Robin wasn't so easily fooled. He put down his phone, just as it vibrated, and walked over to his best friend.

"Why did you turn it off?" he asked.

His skin was pale. His eyes were empty.

"I already told you," Wally shook his expression off and replaced it with a happy one.

"Hey, Rob," Artemis looked over at the vibrating phone. "I think someone's trying to get a hold of you. It hasn't stopped buzzing."

Wally looked over. Robin took the opportunity to snatch the remote from him and turn on the TV.

"No, Rob!" he tried fight back for it.

But he'd already read the headline, 'ZUCCO ESCAPES'.

Defeated, Wally sat back and watched his best friend's shoulders slump.

"Who's Tony Zucco?" Artemis asked, making Wally jump a little. He forgot she was there.

"He murdered my mom and dad," he gave her the first bit of background information she'd had off him.

She pushed herself up and sat on the bed next to him. "Holy Crap... Are, are you okay!?"

He sniffed up and his eyes began to water. "Traught."

He tried to smile at his friends before getting up, then he grabbed his phone and made an excuse to leave.

"The dust in here is giving me an allergic reaction. I, um, better go."

Wally stood up. "Where are you going?"

Robin tightened his grip around his phone. "Batman's been trying to call me."