Breaking the Rules

Category: Bromance

***

Wally hovered in the door way. He wasn't happy with his best friend's answer. "It's just a small house party! Parental supervision and all."

The 15 year-old pondered for a moment, but brushed the idea off his shoulder. "Bruce is pretty strict about these things, there is no way he'll let me."

"PARENTAL SUPERVISION." Wally repeated, putting more emphasis on the word 'supervision'.

"I can't!" Robin sighed.
Wally smirked. "What if he doesn't know? I mean, my parents don't know. We can sneak out, right now, and no one would know! Just tell Bruce that you're staying here tonight."

"... Fine." He finally agreed. Robin stood up to leave.
"Oh, we can't go like this. It's a onesie party."
Dick tutted. "The only one I have is my Batman one!"
"That's cool," smiled Wally. "I'm wearing my Flash one."

***

There was no parental supervision. And the party was definitely not small. The house was filled with drunk teenagers in onesies.

"I'm gonna go find some liquor!" Wally shouted over the ear-bursting-music.

"What? You're gonna find some lickers!? That doesn't sound asterous at all!"

Wally rolled his eyes, not hearing a single word Dick had just said. He grabbed his hand and weaved through the staggering teenagers and made their way into the kitchen. It was a little quieter in there.

Their was a bottle of vodka on the table and a 2l bottle of soda to dilute it. Wally's hands grabbed both and poured them into red, plastic cups.

"Here," he shoved one in Dick's hand, then gulped down his.
"God Wally, slow down!"
"Loosen up Dick! We're at a par-ty!"
Dick put his drink on the side. "I... no, we shouldn't drink."
"Why not!" The ginger frowned.
"Because if Bruce finds out, and he will, he will kill me. And probably you too."

"So not because it's illegal?" Wally gurgled, already feeling the effects of the alcohol.

"I'm more afraid of Bruce than the law."

There was half a can of something that Wally didn't recognise beside him, but he downed it anyway. He didn't come to this party to socialise, he came to get drunk.

Dick had managed to follow him all night and keep an eye on him. They were in the living room, watching some drunk guy in a giraffe onesie mosh to some 'Swedish House Mafia' song. He had to hold Wally back from joining in and embarrassing himself.

He took his attention off his best friend for a minute, and he was gone.

Dick was most certainly the youngest and smallest, so it was difficult to push through the bumbling crowds of people.

He must have passed at least 3 passed out people. He searched every room downstairs - twice, before going upstairs.

"Wally!" He yelled at the top of his lungs. But the music was still too loud, and the house was huge.

His hand hovered over the door handle, not wanting to walk in on anyone. He was going to knock, but in the next room he heard a gagging sound, which sounded awfully like his best friend.

In the bathroom, Wally had tied the sleeves of his onesie around his waist, having a black shirt on underneath.

Dick rushed to his side and noticed the state he was in. He began patting and rubbing his back as Wally emptied his stomach into the toilet.

"Dude, what the hell did you drink?"

Wally gurgled. "Everything."

Dick stayed with him until he was heaving air because there was nothing left in there.

"Stay put! I'll be back soon!" He ordered.

Where am I going to go? Wally thought.

The ice-cold bottled water Dick brought him seemed to sober him up a bit. They sat slumped up against the tile wall.

Dick sighed. "What's the matter with you? Why did you drink so much?"

It was that time of night everyone spills their hearts out. "I'm finishing high school in a few months... and I have know idea what I'm gonna do! I'm too dumb to get into college! Do I just get a job? I want to be someone other than Kid Flash, but can I? What else am I good for other than running?"

"What do you mean you're not good for anything but running!" The younger boy leaned forward. "And you are not dumb Wally! If you need help with studying, all you have to do is ask."

The older one chuckled, not taking him seriously. "I don't want to be tutored by a 15 year-old kid."

Dick stood up and planted a punch on his head. "I take that back, you are dumb!"

Wally closed his eyes and rubbed his head. When he opened them, his best friend was standing in front of him with his hand held out. Light shone from behind his figure, making him seem more taller and mature.

"I can help you Wally. You just have to ask. You can't just get drunk and pretend it's not happening."

The speedster nodded and let Dick pull him up.

A buzz came from Dick's pocket.

"Bruce is outside," he wrapped one arm around his waist and slung Wally's arm over his shoulder for support. "He said you could stay the night."

He gave him a weak smile and a nervous laugh. "He told my parents, didn't he?"

"Oh yeah."

***

A/N: Moral of the story, DON'T DRINK, KIDS. And I totally forgot that speedsters can't get drunk, but I like the idea of an emotional drunk Wally :P