The Butterfly

Categories: Humour/Bromonce/Fluff

A/N: Sorry it's been so long!
Based on a true story.

***

It was a peaceful night in Mt. Justice. The team went to their rooms at 11:30pm, like they always did. Due to the long mission, everyone decided to stay the night. Robin was the last to go to his room.

***

The little bird slumped on his bed. He always preferred going to bed late. People often wondered how he got up early after a late night but it was easy for him.

After he'd finally finished his maths homework, he decided it was time to go to bed. As he got up off the bed to turn the light off, something moved. He froze. He slowly reached for his phone hoping Wally was still up.

Come to my room! Now! Robin text him rapidly.
Almost immediately Wally text back. Easy tiger! On my way xo

Robin was still stood in the same position like a statue when Wally walked in.
"What's up?" He whispered casually.
Robin shook his head and pointed to the ceiling.

"HOLY SH-" Wally screamed but before he could finish his sentence Robin cut him off.
"Shhh! You'll scare it, and I don't want the whole mountain to wake up." His voice was slightly above a whisper.

Yes. On the ceiling was an enormous butterfly. The boys watched it like a hawk. Neither one of them wanted to make a move.

All of sudden, the butterfly thought it would be hilarious to start flying around. It was like slapstick comedy. The second it moved, so did the boys. Robin screamed and jumped back. He kept his eyes on the flying insect, as he was stumbling back, he fell into his wadrobe.

Wally flailed his arms arond in the air. He soon forgot about the butterfly when he noticed his best friend sat in his wardrobe, too afraid to get up. He burst into a laughing fit and fell to the floor.

The Boy Wonder ignored him. Although Wally had forgot about the flying creature in the room, he hadn't. He watched as it danced around the light. Then, it headed straight for the wadrobe. Robin involuntary screamed again. He crawled out in a hurry, his heart trying to escape from his chest. Adrenaline made him move faster than Wally and Barry. The butterfly landed gracefully on the side of it.

For a second there was complete silence. That quickly disappeared as the bedroom door was kicked open. Standing in the door frame was an angry Artemis. She stormed in, opened the window and walked straight up to the wardrobe. Carefully, she cupped the harmless butterfly in her hands and let it out. Without saying a word, she left the room, slamming the door behind her.

"IDIOTS!" They heard her shout, which was followed by another door shutting.

Robin looked at Wally nervously.
"Totally not feeling the aster." He exhaled.

***

A/N: So, this actually happened when I was away last month doing NCS. I got my best friend to come in and I actually fell in my wardrobe:')