Numb

Categories: ANGST ANGST ANGST/Bromance at the end/Worried Daddybats

WARNING: Sexual assault/Attempted. Non-con. It's nothing graphic but it's there. I wanted to write more about the aftermath rather than the actual assault. Please don't read on if you don't like this kind of fic. If you want to skip it I have put a line break in which will then only have mentions of what happened. It's around the first 1000 words.

A/N: Okay, if you're still here, read with caution. It may be triggering. I wanted to challenge myself to write something not so nice. I've been working on this for a while now. Apologies for the really slow updates. I started this book when I was 15/16. I'm now 20, and life sometimes gets in the way. Grab your snacks if you can bare to eat them, it's a long one.

The taste of copper stained his taste buds. Batman's words rang in his ears like an alarm on repeat, Robin, do not go on patrol this weekend whilst I'm away. Under any circumstances.

He agreed. And that was a lie. Obviously. How could he leave Gotham to the mercy of the likes of the Joker and the Riddler for 2 days?

It was highly unlikely they'd make a move. Most of the super villains had been quiet, probably planning something bigger than your average bank robbery.

Never the less, it didn't mean Gotham should go unprotected from gangs and thugs.

So, that's how his night began. Starting off on a high, Robin had managed to save 4 purses being snatched and help the police chase down a bank robber who had managed to get away from them.

Pretty productive considering he'd only started a couple of hours ago.

But it all went wrong too quickly. He had been followed, stalked in the darkness. He was too caught up in his streak to notice the person lurking in the shadows.

The last thing he remembered was a sharp pain in his head, then darkness.

Robin's hands slowly reached for his utility belt, his heart sinking when he realised it had been removed from his waist. His body felt heavy, too weak to push himself up from the cold concrete.

He didn't have a chance to get his bearings before a hand wrapped around his neck slamming his body back on the ground.

"I'm amazed you can still move!" a high pitch voice spoke excitedly into his ear, making his skin crawl.

"Get off me you creep! Or are you too cowardly to fight me?" Robin taunted, desperately trying to cloak his voice with confidence.

The laugh the man made sounded like a bad imitation of the Joker's.

Under his grip, he tried moving again. His legs felt numb, only able to move his arms and head. He needed to see who this was, so he struggled to turn his head. It was rewarded with a tighter grip on his neck, and another hand grabbing his ebony locks, pushing his cheek into the gravel.

In the midst of the struggle, with his head now turned, he could see the criminal's face. His hair was long and thin, dangling past his mad face. His eyes were like a wild animal's, his smile wide with excitement. The hand around his neck grabbed his wrists, pulling his arms above his head.

His shoulder made an awful noise as it was forcibly moved. Robin fought the pain, not giving the man any satisfaction.

He was still in denial about what was happening to him until he felt a bulge rub against him.

The shock made him still. This was not happening. This could not happen. He was a hero. He was the one who was supposed to save people from this, not become a victim.