Request: Stealing the Batmobile

Request from: Snowy3000

Categories: Fluff/Robin x Batgirl

***

Batgirl gulped as she sat uncomfortably on the leather seat. She nervously looked at her boyfriend. He looked confident and he seemed to know what he was doing. He hadn't passed his test yet and he was stealing his mentors car. What could go wrong?

More doubt filled her as the engine of the Batmobile roared.
"You ready?" Robin spoke. His eyes didn't leave the windscreen.
There was no way she was ready. "I'm ready!"

They left the batcave. So far so good. When he told her Batman had given him a few lessons, she thought he meant a few. However, Robin was driving like a pro. That put her mind at ease.
"This wasn't as bad as I thought." She smiled.
"I told you babe," he smiled back.
The word "babe" registered in her head. "Wait what did you call me?"
"Babs!" Robin remembered she hated pet names. "I called you Babs!"

The cliff came into view.
Robin slammed the breaks, jerking them both forward. "We're here!"
He was glad he chose to steal the Batmobile. A 10 minute journey turned into 5 because he could speed and go through every red light. It saved him from being scolded by his girlfriend.

It was her idea to go there. They were watching a movie where the main characters drove up to a cliff side and made out. There'd be a other couples there who had the same idea, but Babara decided that it would be a good place for a date. However Dick knew these places were famous for murders and pregnancys.

He turned off the engine and tried to slow his racing heart down. This was their first date and the first time they'd been alone together. He tried to focus on his breathing but quickly got lost in her sky blue eyes. Robin moved his hand towards hers and held it. He leaned in closer. His heart threatened to beat out of his chest as he moved forward and pressed his lips against hers.

Just like in the movies, there were fireworks. For those brief 5 seconds, time stopped. Everything was perfect.

He pulled away, smiling.

The peace and tranquillity didn't last for long. There was a tap on the window next to Robin. Panic struck him, but he ignored it. He thought maybe of he pretended no one was there, they'd go away. However, Batgirl could see exactly who it was and she could not ignore him.

"Crap," she leaned back on her seat and folded her arms. She knew their date was over.

"No," Robin shook his head in denial. He was afraid to look back.

There was another tap.

Robin turned his head slowly. Half of him was hoping it was a masked serial killer. He'd have more of a chance of getting out alive.

But, it was worse than a serial killer.

He rolled down the window.
Robin grinned. "Hey... Batman."

The only thing he said was, "Out."

The teenager opened to door and got out of the vehicle. Outside were 3 other couples. They watched eagerly with their mouths wide open.

The Dark Knight told Batgirl to stay seated.

"I thought you were in Star City." Robin gulped and fidgeted nervously.

"I know," he replied.

He tried to justify himself. "It was just for this one time and I thought you wouldn't find out! It's our first date,"

"I know," he repeated.

"I'm sorry?" Robin said. But he wasn't convincing enough.
"I'll see you at home." He started the engine and shut the door.

He drove off, leaving Robin on his own.

"This is gonna be a long walk." He sighed.

"What just happened?" a girl whispered to her boyfriend.
He shrugged his shoulders, not really knowing either.

***

The front door opened. Bruce, Babara and Alfred were waiting for him.

"You're grounded." Bruce told him as his feet touched the floorboards.
The ebony nodded and shut the door. His feet ached, he just wanted to sit down.

"You will not leave this house other than for school. No more dates. No more patrol. No more missions." He pointed to the stairs.

"How long for!?" He whined.

"I don't know."

Robin shook his head but stayed quiet. Bruce loved that car. He was lucky he wasn't kicked off the team.

Babara waved goodbye to Alfred and Bruce. She walked over to her boyfriend. She wrapped her arms around him and pecked him on the cheek.

Babara whispered, "Thank you for the date. I loved it."

Robin blushed and hugged her harder.

"But I love you more," she pulled away.

Those 3 words made him forgot where he was.

"I LOVE YOU!" he said, a little too loud.

His face suddenly dropped as he realised how loud he actually said it. He couldn't help himself. It was the first time they had said it to each other. Now, imagine the brightest shade of red you can think of. That's what colour he went.

Once she had left, he ran upstairs, not daring to look at Alfred and Bruce. But soon after, embarrassment was replaced with happiness, and he didn't care what anyone thought.