Normal

Neytiri

Warmth spreads over me as the sun's rays rest atop my skin. The chitter of the animals in the surrounding forest lilts over my ears, forcing me awake. I'm naked, the grass soft against my skin giving me no issue when falling asleep in it.

Especially after Cassian's mood last night.

We've been coming back to the Dragonborn side of the island for a week now. We spent last night near the waterfall, in a secluded area Cassian loves. By the time we finished, I was too exhausted to return to the estate. I slowly realize there's a warm body wrapped around me, and a strong arm draped over my waist, holding me to Cassian's warm chest. As if sensing I am awake, his arm slowly shifts up my waist until it brushes over my breast, lightly. I tense, unaware if he's asleep of purposely teasing me. But my question is answered as a deep chuckle reverberates over my body. I slowly sit up, looking back at him.

He has an amused grin on his face as his gaze roams over my naked body. I can't help but admire his features. His hair falls in his face, some slightly draped around his features as he sits up on his elbow, watching me. My eyes slowly shift down his naked form. When I reach below his waist, I immediately shift my gaze back to his face as I recall what happened last night. Cassian's smile widens and he takes the opportunity to sit up, pushing his hair out of his face as he watches me.

"How are you feeling?" he asks.

I shift my gaze over the edge of the cliff-side. The Dragonborn city is coming alive as the Ikniri village does in the morning. There are boats pulling into the harbor and cars moving about. The Dragonborn city has embraced modern technology much more so than the Ikniri.

"Happy," I say.

My body as well feels amazing. Even though the heat of the day is boring down on me, I still feel strong. I slowly hold my palm out, testing my theory as ice easily forms atop my palm. My gaze shifts to Cassian who is watching me.

"Why do I feel stronger?" I ask.

Cassian smiles, laying back on the grass. His muscles flex as he places his hands behind his head, the sun shining on his naked body. He seems very comfortable and I find myself wondering how often he's walked around in the nude to be this at ease. Cassian holds up his palm, studying it as he answers me.

"We share a blood oath. A blood oath isn't supposed to be one sided. Now that we are becoming more in sync and getting along, our power only strengthens."

Cassian tilts his gaze, looking at me.

"When we are not in sync, a blood oath is very one-sided. It was how I was able to get in your head in the past."

His words make me think of the night I went down the mountain. I felt so weak after that, especially during our battle. Cassian's words pull my attention and I study him, finding the courage to ask my next question.

"That night..."

Cassian nods knowingly, his expression soft. He lowers his eyes, gently pulling my hands in his as he speaks.

"What transpired between us that night was enough for me to get in your head and use the blood oath to manipulate your emotions. At the time, you couldn't decipher what was what which is probably why you felt so overwhelmed."

I don't respond. I can't find the words for the situation. Cassian picks up on my hesitance, placing a gentle kiss along my knuckles.

"Don't worry. I will never do that again. I swear it. I don't think I could even if I wanted. Your hold on the blood oath has strengthened immensely since awakening. We are equals."