Can Be A Star

It has been weeks since Bitna started living with her new family. The newlywed were back from their honeymoon and life went on but not in the way they all wanted.

The sibling's bond was still weird and bad but a little work could fix it.

Mrs. Kim had tried reaching out to her but it wasn't going well she did have to admit her cooking skill was great.

The household was a huge one but the aura felt empty. The little bickering of the youngest ones did bring the aura back once in a while.

Bit-na sighed walking down the poolside the loneliness hitting her as she was the only one left at home.

Others had businesses to attend to and they couple off to work.

Bit-na bit her lips enjoying the afternoon sunshine, it was harsh but the pool made it chilly. She stood at the pool enjoying the free chilly air not until something caught her eyes

The basketball court that is meant for Yoongi's home training.

She gulped down withholding herself from running right down to it.

"Let me have one look at it again," She said walking to the other side of the field.

Her face radiated with so much happiness in the courtyard and the balls scattered all over the place.

She opened the door a bit wider and walked in, she breathed in fast to inhale the smell of the courtyard.

Bit-na looked around having a closer look at the picture frame hanging on the walls. They were pictures of great all-time basketballers like;  Kobe Bryant, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, LeBron James, and many others.

She smiled at the small note he pasted on the wall, it was like Yoongi's everyday tea of refreshment.

She carefully read through all the notes but stopped sighting a huge writing description across the room. It was the largest write-up of all hung boldly on the wall with the inscription,

"DARE TO DREAM! YOU TOO CAN BE A STAR" 

Bit-na's eyes didn't wander off from the text for over ten minutes as she let those words register in her mind.

It was like a wake-up call for her not to withhold on her dream and push forward for it. All these years she has loved basketball and wished to go for it but for some unknown reason, her dad forbade her from venturing into sports, specifically basketball.

She always goes behind her father's back to watch basketball competitions and she feels out of the world when those moments come.

Only Ji Woon knows how much she is interested in and loves basketball.

She balled her fist and took a step backward her eyes still lingering on the write-up. She took a deep breath and bent holding up a ball in her left hand.

"I can be a star" She muttered and took her position making her target towards the ball net.

She smiled seeing the ball soar into the net and out with a bounce on the floor.

"This is it Bitna! Go for it" She yelped out, her voice echo heard vividly.

She was filled with so much confirmation at that moment, she stamped her feet shaking off every bad vibe before grabbing another ball.

She positioned this time with more confidence and clarity. This is her dream and she's going to go for it no matter what.

With that, she made another throw which hit the bar missing the net. She picked another ball and made throw after throw.

She was set on making her dream a reality, training until she perfects the little skill she has learned, it wasn't an easy task but Bitna wasn't one to give up.

She took the first step in making her dream come true and proving that basketball is a game for all.

Bit-na gave out a little grunt on the immersed pain she was feeling from her both hands. She freed from the jacket she was wearing plopping down on the bed, head buried on the pillows.

"Why is this so hard?" She asked drained out as she no longer felt her arms. ​​​​​​"Here I was thinking I was good but an amateur is better than me" She sighed remembering the countless times she lost her target point.

"Ahhh who is going to teach me how to be a better basketballer?" She poutingly asked with a sad face.

"No one to teach me and, W-waitShe called out her mental being ringing a bell. "Yoongi, Cool! Now the trouble of having a stepbrother will finally pay off"

She smiled banging her head on the pillow.

"All that is left is to get him to agree to coach me and that I will make him do. No one has surpassed me before" She talked to herself like a fool not seeing who came in.

"Are you ok? Fever perhaps" A voice asked startling her.

"APPAShe shouted making a defense with the pillow.

"Don't hurt yourself with that, sweety" ​​​​​​Mr. Park said keeping the pillow aside.

​​​​​​"Dad, why are you home?" She asked checking the time and it was way still early.

"I had to get some files at home" 

Bit-na shook her head and crisscross her legs letting out little muffled grunts.

"What's wrong?" Her father asked on hearing the grunts.

Bit-na looked up and chuckled; "Nothing Appa, I was bored so I used the gym downstairs to kill off time"

"Bit-na" He called out with a worried face, "You know how your body reacts to strenuous activities"

"Dad I am fine. I didn't exercise that much"

"I want to spend more time with you princess and I don't want you going about hurting yourself in any way" 

Bit-na sighed at the lecture, "Dad I'm ok, and don't you have to get the files? It's almost past lunch time" She reminded not in the mood to listen to any lectures on why she should stay clear of anything like physical education.

"Ahhh that's right! Sorry princess I have to go now, don't forget to take your meal and I will be home late tonight don't wait up for me, ok?" 

"Ok Dad"

Mr. Park kissed her cheek with a head pat, "Dad loves you"

"Love you too Dad" She waved her hand seeing her dad exit the door.

"I will tell him later about the whole sports thing, not yet"

Vote And Comment

Dessykimmy