CHAPTER 34

JI WOON'S POV

 If there was a day I never wanted to come, it was a day like this when I was reminded of the feelings I had for my best friend. At first, it was all about our friendship but our bond grew stronger, I realized that I didn't love just as a friend but more than that.

I didn't know when nor how it started I woke up as usual on other days and found myself falling deeper.

I found it outrageous when people say the opposite sex can be friends but I guess they are right because in my case it didn't turn out differently. 

I was quiet throughout the whole dinner silently watching her interruption with Chanyeol who was sitting beside her. 

Chanyeol is everyone's ideal type and that I won't deny. He is tall, handsome and has what every woman looks for, not surprised that Bitna ended up falling for her. 

"Are you ok?" A hand nudged me calling me out of my trance state.

I looked up and saw Jisoo looking at me, 

"Hmm?"

"You haven't touched your food"

"Ahh..." I looked down and gasped. "I am eating just a bit tired" 

She nodded seems to have believed in my words.

I slowly started to eat momentarily glancing up throughout dinner to observe them. 

"We will be going now hyung," Chanyeol said with a little bow.

"Wait I will have the driver drive you all home," Jin said going out. 

"See you later bud" Jungkook patted his shoulders before going upstairs.

"Come on let's go, the driver must be waiting," Bitna said dragging us out.

"Today was fun!" Jisoo mumbled.

"Let's do this another day," Bitna said excitedly.

"I hope so, bye Bit-na" Jisoo waved and entered the car

"Bye Bit-na" I heard Chanyeol say in a smooth calm voice. 

She waved with a smile, "Bye"

I rolled my eyes at that glaring at him as he entered the car.

"Ji Woon" She called out.

I looked up changing my expression, "Yes"

"Tell Aunty and Uncle that I said hi"

I nodded my head not giving off any reaction.

"Tell your dad that I said hi too" 

"Dad said it's been so long since he saw you. And he won't be home soon" She unlocked her phone and checked the time.

"I will come by next time when he is around" My tone was blank, one would know that I was bothered.

"Are you ok? You've been quiet" She asked.

"I'm ok! It's nothing" I shrugged her off. 

"Is it about what Chanyeol asked earlier? You shouldn't mind him, he was just playing and bored that's why he asked that?"

Great, the moment I wanted to forget is being recalled.

"We are best friends you know that?"

I bit my lips and chuckled, 

"Yeah, I know! We are best friends and nothing more" Note the sarcasm.​

​​​​​​"See you later" ​​​​​​I didn't wait quickly getting into the car. 

 I looked out the window and saw her with a confused face. With a sigh, I leaned against the seat and closed my eyes.

​​​​​​BIT-NA'S POV 

I watched the car drive off staring with a confused face.

"What's wrong with him?" I queried to myself.

Why so cranky? Did someone offend him" 

These thoughts ran through my mind. I sighed and went inside.

"I will be in my room," I told my brother relaxing in the living room.

"Don't go to sleep yet! " Jin said coming from the kitchen with a glass of water.

"Why?" 

"Mom and your dad are coming in today" 

I looked up immediately and gasped, "It's today?"

"Yes!"

"And why do I think you don't look so happy about it?" Taehyung asked.

I sighed, it wasn't I am not happy about it but my discussion with him was still pending and I didn't want it to be now. 

"Ahh, nothing! I will be up" I said weakly going upstairs.

AUTHORS POV

"What's wrong with Bit-na? I saw her go upstairs now with an annoyed face" Jimin asked plopping down on the available seat.

"I told her mom and Mr Park will be coming in today!" Jin replied.

"She's sad about that? But Why? Isn't she supposed to be happy?" Jimin's curious self asked.

"Yeah, my thought exactly" Taehyung snapped his finger in agreement.

"Maybe they fought before the trip" Hoseok chipped in.

"That's useless, Bitna was on the phone with her Dad a few days ago" Namjoon disagreed 

The boys kept on rambling about the problem when none of them could figure the problem out.

"Can you guys shut up!" Yoongi said annoyingly springing up from the couch he was lying on. 

He death glared at all of them, first for disturbing his sleep and secondly for arguing about something they have no clue about.

"You guys are rambling like kids on a matter you have no clue"

"Then Mister that has the clue tell us," Jin said with a bit of sarcasm.

Yoongi sighed sitting upright, "It's about me teaching her basketball and her Dad has no clue about it. She intends on talking to her Dad once he returns and from her reaction, she doesn't seem ready yet"

"Is she scared to talk to her father?" Jungkook asked confused.

"Kind of"

"Mr Park never say no to her, I don't see the reason why she should be scared"  Jimin reasoned 

"Just like Mom, her Dad is so strict about her playing Basketball"

"Why?" Taehyung queried more confused.

"I don't know, you guys should shut up I am trying to sleep here" He said shooing them away.

"Stop being lazy and get up. Go to your room and sleep" Jin threw a couch pillow on him with a glare.

"Lucky that you are older than me" He mumbled standing up with a grunt and heading upstairs.

"Try being born earlier next time" Jin said loud enough for his hearing.

"I will pay to be you hyung" Jimin said. 

"If it were us he would have killed us already" Namjoon Pounder